Jon Gosselin Brings Roses to Successful Divorce Meeting
Jon Gosselin and Kate Gosselin could be about a month away from finalizing their divorce, after a successful day at the arbitration table in Pennsylvania on Saturday. According to TMZ, Jon won't fight Kate for primary custody of their eight kids and neither party is seeking spousal support. The two main issues still on the table are distribution of assets and child support.
The day began as many reality dating shows typically end: with roses. Jon showed up at court with a bouquet of long-stemmed red's for Kate -- a peace offering of sorts. However, she turned them down. His lawyer had a pop culture reference in hand when discussing the flowers.
"This has been called the real-life War of the Roses," Mark Heller told PEOPLE, referring to the 1989 movie about battling spouses, "and he brought that as a peace offering to break the ice and try to bring the war to an end."
The meeting between the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' alums was so productive that a second day of talks, scheduled for Monday, has been canceled. The arbitrator is expected to rule in a month and Heller says "it's possible" the bruising divorce will be finalized by the end of the year.
More colorful talk from Heller: "Obviously before two warring parties can smoke the peace pipe, they have to sit down at a table and address the issues that brought them to the skirmish."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Stands up for Brother Rob Kardashian, Slams Adrienne Bailon for "Kicking him When he is Down"
- Bachelorette Andi Dorfman, New Fiance Josh Murray Talk Wedding Plans; Read Nick Viall's Emotional Letter to Andi: Top 5 Tuesday Stories
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Short Pixie Haircut: Picture
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
- A Scary Horse on Pretty Little Liars, Seven Minutes in Heaven (x3) on Finding Carter & More OMG TV Moments
- Billy Bob Thornton's Dream Jobs: Game of Thrones and...Saved by the Bell!
- Chloë Grace Moretz Doesn't Want Life To Be All About Relationships: "That's Not My Style"