Jon Gosselin Brings Roses to Successful Divorce Meeting
Jon Gosselin and Kate Gosselin could be about a month away from finalizing their divorce, after a successful day at the arbitration table in Pennsylvania on Saturday. According to TMZ, Jon won't fight Kate for primary custody of their eight kids and neither party is seeking spousal support. The two main issues still on the table are distribution of assets and child support.
The day began as many reality dating shows typically end: with roses. Jon showed up at court with a bouquet of long-stemmed red's for Kate -- a peace offering of sorts. However, she turned them down. His lawyer had a pop culture reference in hand when discussing the flowers.
"This has been called the real-life War of the Roses," Mark Heller told PEOPLE, referring to the 1989 movie about battling spouses, "and he brought that as a peace offering to break the ice and try to bring the war to an end."
The meeting between the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' alums was so productive that a second day of talks, scheduled for Monday, has been canceled. The arbitrator is expected to rule in a month and Heller says "it's possible" the bruising divorce will be finalized by the end of the year.
More colorful talk from Heller: "Obviously before two warring parties can smoke the peace pipe, they have to sit down at a table and address the issues that brought them to the skirmish."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Husband Makes Spreadsheet of Wife's Excuses Not to Have Sex; Document Goes Viral
- Lauren Conrad Feuds With Allure For Calling Her "Basic"
- Kim Zolciak's Exclusive Mansion Tour, See Her Elevator, Pool
- Another Craigslist Killer? Police Say Man Abducted, Strangled Pregnant Teen ? And Cut Off Her Boyfriend's Head ? Before Killing Himself
- Pregnant Former Escort Dishes On ?Toxic’ Interactions With Ben Stein, Says She Doesn't ?Want Him To Continue To Do This To Women'
- Sonja Morgan Drops The Price Of Her NYC Home By Nearly $500K ? Needs To Sell To Help Pay Off Bankruptcy!
- Robert Downey Jr. tops highest-paid actor list again
- Cops called on Justin Bieber six times in two days
- EPA sends out tweet promoting Kim Kardashian game, apologizes for doing so
- Lady Gaga Says She's "Curvy and Proud" in Latest Instagram Pic—See for Yourself!
- Prince George's Birthday Gift Guide: Burberry Sneakers, Harrods Teddy Bears & More!
- Pregnant Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Enjoy Low-Key Lunch in West Hollywood—See a Pic of the Parents-to-Be!