On Opening Day, Edward Kicks Batman's Box Office Butt
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 22nd 2009 05:47AM
'New Moon' box office exploded on Friday, as the second installment of the 'Twilight' saga opened up with the biggest Friday take in Hollywood history.
'New Moon' raked in an estimated, whopping $72.7 million Friday, beating previous record holder 'The Dark Knight' which opened in 2008 with $67.2 million on nearly 800 more screens, according to Box Office Mojo.
The $72 million basically doubled the gross of 'Twilight,' which took in $36 million last year on opening day.
More 'New Moon' Mania:
Watch Below: Peter Facinelli Talks About the Upcoming Sequels
Photos From the New Moon Premiere
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson Say the Darndest Things
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stars believe what?
- Navy diver who lost two limbs in shark attack goes on quest for 'Joan of Shark'
- Hugh Jackman's wife banned husband from working with Angelina Jolie
- 'James Bond 007' Comic Series Gets Writer
- TV Ratings: USA's Women's World Cup Win Easily Tops 1999 Victory Among Viewers
- New York's Silvercup Studios Expanding With Bronx Facility
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Netflix Didn't Even Make This Perfect 'Series of Unfortunate Events' Teaser
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Can Da'Vonne Be Saved By Seventh Call Twist?
- 5 Reasons Why 'Magic Mike XXL' Bombed at the Box Office