On Opening Day, Edward Kicks Batman's Box Office Butt
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 22nd 2009 05:47AM
'New Moon' box office exploded on Friday, as the second installment of the 'Twilight' saga opened up with the biggest Friday take in Hollywood history.
'New Moon' raked in an estimated, whopping $72.7 million Friday, beating previous record holder 'The Dark Knight' which opened in 2008 with $67.2 million on nearly 800 more screens, according to Box Office Mojo.
The $72 million basically doubled the gross of 'Twilight,' which took in $36 million last year on opening day.
More 'New Moon' Mania:
Watch Below: Peter Facinelli Talks About the Upcoming Sequels
Photos From the New Moon Premiere
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson Say the Darndest Things
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harrison Ford flying again after scary crash
- Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby was on 'Judge Judy'
- 'Pawn Stars' help Marco Rubio celebrate birthday
- 'Aloha': What the Critics Are Saying
- Morocco Bans Nabil Ayouch's Cannes Title 'Much Loved'
- BBC Bullish on iPlayer Despite Recent Usage Drops
- Bob Saget Is On Board for 'Fuller House'
- New Movies: 'Aloha,' 'San Andreas,' & More
- Andy Serkis's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Character Revealed