Joel McHale Secretly Wants To Be Thor
'Community' is all my friends and I are talking about lately.
That's not true. You talk about 'Stargate Universe'. Robert Carlisle is amazing.
I do! But I meant on the comedy side. [laughs]
True. But he's very funny. He can be very funny. But I'm glad you're talking about us. Even though you're lying.
I swear I'm not! It's one of my favorite new shows! I never miss it. I loved the debate episode!
[laughs] Dropped a guy who jumped out of a wheel chair. Yes, I'm a nice guy.
How happy are you about the success of the show?
I'm very excited. You know, I'm so glad we got picked up for the rest of the season, and I've been just amazed at how good all the scripts are. So I feel just completely blessed that the writing is so good and the cast mates are just amazing. And so, you know, hopefully we'll go eight more years. And then we'll have conventions. And you can come to them. Dressed as the characters!
Ha! I would do it. But I would wear Britta's (Jacobs) squirrel Halloween costume.
Yes! How cute was Gillian in that? So dang cute. And that was her idea. She was just carrying around that acorn everywhere. It was great. Really funny.
So you guys have a sort of a love triangle going on right now...(Joel's character Jeff has a crush on Britta, but just kissed Annie (Brie) in last week's episode.)
That was unexpected. And she plays an eighteen-year-old, so I don't think it's appropriate. [laughs] Yeah, that was crazy. When I was reading the script, I was like, 'OK, here we go again.' But with Britta's character, I think it's going to take a while. Cause, you know, she dated that other guy and she doesn't want to date a jerk like me. It might be a little while. But she's so good. Gillian's so good that it's easy to work with someone like that.
So what else do you have coming up?
With my life?
And the show...but do the life first.
Well, in my life...what am I doing? Trying to catch up on sleep, which is near impossible with two kids. And I'll be going home to Seattle for Thanksgiving, and for Christmas. That's where my family and my wife's family is from. And then the most important thing is spending time with my two little boys...who I love! I love them so much! And then working on...'Community' will go until February, so my main goal is to make that a high quality TV show and hopefully give the writing justice because it's so good. And hopefully do a movie here.
Oh, I don't know. I would like to. Let me know. Uh, yeah, I've already written 'Transformers 6'.
Oh, no more 'Transformers'!
I'm going to start shooting that myself. I don't even care. I'm going to write a sequel and star in 'Thor 2'. 'Thor' is going to come out and mine is going to come out right after. 'Thor 2'. I'll be Thor. It's weird to have a balding Thor. But instead of...my Thor won't carry a hammer. It will carry a level. You know? To make sure walls are straight.
[laughs] You need the iPhone level.
Yeah! Oh, I love that thing. It's an amazing application.
So I hear you have a guest star coming on.
Yeah, we have Anthony Michael Hall coming on. He's coming on for our holiday episode. He's hilarious. He's great. He wears a weight belt the whole time. It's really funny. He's great in it. Wait until you see that.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch
- Ace of Cakes Star Duff Goldman: I Love Riding Motorcycles Even After Losing Toes in Crash
- Ebola In NYC! Doctor Tests Positive For Virus After Treating Patients In Guinea
- Lucky Break! Former ?RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub Gets $700K In Liens Cancelled In Bankruptcy Case
- Mean Girl! Kim Kardashian Snubs Chris Brown’s ‘Lowbrow’ Girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation