Mysteries of 'Jennifer Lopez Falls' & 'Adam Lambert AMA' Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 23rd 2009 12:02PM
"Jennifer Lopez Falls at AMAs," "Adam Lambert AMA Performance," "Lady Gaga at the AMAs" and "AMA Winners" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour, and though the results change frequently, at any moment the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Today it's all American Music Awards, all the time. In a special AMA edition of What's Hot, check out what you're searching for today...
Adam Lambert AMA Performance – Adam Lambert (or rather the record execs who conceived him) knows what it takes to hit the top of Google Trends. The pop star's existence screams for attention, and deserves it. Last night at the AMAs, the 'American Idol' runner-up simulated oral sex, made out with an androgynous keyboard player, fake fondled a dancer's privates, and stumbled (and recovered) during a rousing performance of "For Your Entertainment." You've gotta see the video to believe it.
Whitney Houston AMA Performance – Whitney Houston has 21 American Music Awards sitting on her shelves at home. OK, maybe she pawned a few of them off during those dark days in the early aughts that we've all heard so much about. Last night, the 46-year-old took the stage to perform the mid-tempo "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" off her new-ish album 'I Look to You.' The performance isn't exactly getting rave reviews, many critics bemoaning the loss of Whitney's trademark highs. But the legend is back, at least in some form, and music lovers are thankful. Houston took home the International Artist Award for hercontributions to the world of sound.
Jennifer Lopez Falls at AMAs – It happens to everyone. Regular people slip on ice or trip over cracks in the sidewalk. You know you've made it when your fall happens while jumping off a semi-naked human staircase. That's what happened to J.Lo while performing her new single "Louboutins" at the American Music Awards last night. But she popped right back up like nothing happened. "That shows she's a true entertainer," will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas told Usmagazine.com. "It doesn't matter how you fall – just how you get up. She got up."
Lady Gaga AMA 2009 – Lady Gaga knows how to put on a performance. Never mind that she probably lip syncs every time she steps onstage. Forget that she'd be just a very ordinary singer without her shocking costumes. Take her for what she is: a performer. And a very good one at that. Witness her AMA performance of "Speechless." The girl belongs onstage.
Janet Jackson 2009 AMA Performance – Janet took to the limelight for a 7-minute montage of hits that spanned the decades and was dedicated to her recently departed brother. From 1986's "What Have You Done for Me Lately," to 1993's "If," to 2009's "Make Me," Janet blasted the audience with her trademark energy and attitude. She closed the act with an upbeat version of "Together Again," a song written in the mid-90s for AIDS victims. The song was clearly directed towards someone else last night. "Always been a true angel to me," she sang. "Now above, I can't wait for you to wrap your wings around me baby."
American Music Awards Winners – 2009 is really shaping up to be the year of Taylor Swift. The 19-year-old country queen (yes, she's officially graduated from "princess") took home awards for Artist of the Year, Favorite Female Artist (Pop/Rock), Favorite Female Artist (Country), Favorite Artist (Adult Contemporary), and Favorite Album (Country). Other notable winners include Michael Jackson, who posthumously won four awards including Favorite Male Artist (Pop/Rock and Soul/R&B), Jay-Z, who won Favorite Male Artist (Rap/Hip-Hop), and Green Day, who won Favorite Artist (Alternative Rock).
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!