Lambert's 'GMA' Gig Nixed After Racy AMA Performance
ABC now claims they were "concerned" that Lambert's sex-heavy number isn't appropriate "so early in the morning."
Lambert's ultra-risque performance drew the ire of many viewers, as ABC announced yesterday they received thousands of complaints following the number. On the West Coast, Lambert's performance was censored because it was so explicit.
Responding to the 'GMA' cancellation, Lambert told Ryan Seacrest "I respect their decision - they gotta do what they gotta do ... It's too bad - I think there were a lot of fans whowere excited to come see me," adding that ABC "probably had a lot of pressure coming at them from certain people who weren't happy about it."
During his performance of his song 'For Your Entertainment,' Lambert -- complete with bondage-styled dancers and band members -- made many squirm thanks to dancers on leashes, and thrusting the face of a male dancer into his crotch several times. He later went on to passionately kiss his keyboardist for several seconds, and gave the crowd/camera the finger in the closing moments.
Lambert, who is openly gay, responded to the controversy, telling Access Hollywood that he's "not an artist that does things for every single person," likening the censoring of his performance to "discrimination."
"If it's edited, that's discrimination. I will be a little disappointed because there is a little bit of discrimination going in this country. There's a big double standard, female pop artists have been doing things provocative like that for years, and the fact that I'm a male, and I'll be edited and discriminated against could be a problem," he said.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift to hackers: I don't have nudes
- Texas high school's 'Uptown Funk' video goes viral
- ?Fantastic Four' debuts first trailer
- Jessica Chobot previews 2015's most exciting releases, from ?No Man's Sky' to ?Mad Max'
- ?Grim Fandango' creator Tim Schafer on the adventure-game revival
- Extra Scoop: We're Going to See Katie Holmes on TV Again!
- Mandy Moore May Have Hinted at Divorce on Instagram
- Taylor Swift's Reaction to 'Nude' Hacker Threat Is Priceless
- Tom Brady's High School Coach Reveals He Was Once Locked in a Locker in High School, Confirms He's Always Been That Hot
- Miss California USA Contestant Chanelle Riggan Suffers Bikini Malfunction During Pageant, Recovers Like a Pro
- Tiger Woods Gets His Tooth Fixed, Says "Even Breathing Hurt" After Camera Man Knocked It Out