Fergie Finds Love Letters From 'Nine' Co-Star Daniel Day Lewis
Billed as Stacy Ferguson, Fergie makes her film debut playing the Italian vamp Saraghina performing the song 'Be Italian' as she taunts and teases the filmmaker Guido as a young boy. She dove into the world of 'Nine' watching every variation of the Federico Fellini film '8 1/2,' but her preparation for the role couldn't subside the nervousness she felt joining A-list actresses Nicole Kidman, Kate Hudson, Penelope Cruz and Judi Dench.
She recalls, "Going into this musical, I'm definitely the singer coming into this A-list acting world, so it was intimidating for me flying over and knowing that I was going to be amongst these people who were at the top of their game in their field. I thought maybe I'll just sit in the corner and kind of be a sponge and not speak and watch how they hone their craft."
But Fergie had to push aside her fears quickly. "The first person I met was Daniel. It was 15 minutes later where I had to belt out the song right in front of him. I've admired his work for years, and I just had to push through it and say, 'What the hell.' I was very hungry for this role, and I went after it. I definitely have caught the bug because it's another way to express yourself, and I'm an artist."
'Nine' will open in limited theaters in New York and Los Angeles on December 18th and nationwide December 4th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Top 10 Channing Tatum Dancing GIFs in Honor of 'Magic Mike XXL'
- Panama Drops Out of Donald Trump's Miss Universe Pageant
- Jane Fonda Blasts President Obama for Allowing Shell to Restart Arctic Drilling
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril
- Conan O'Brien Crashed a 'Magic Mike XXL' Girls Night - and It Was Glorious