'Dancing With The Stars' Winner Crowned
Three celebrities made it to finale of the show's ninth season: Osmond, the singer Mya and Kelly Osbourne, the daughter of Ozzy Osbourne. The show picks a winner with a combination of judges' scores and viewer votes.
Mya entered as the favorite, having won the highest scores on Monday's show. Dancing with Dmitry Chaplin, she performed a jive.
"I'm just so happy to have made it to the finals," Mya said after the loss. The 30-year-old singer is most famous for collaborating on the Grammy-winning hit "Lady Marmalade" from the soundtrack of 2001's "Moulin Rouge!"
Osbourne was the first of the three eliminated.
With her famous family - Ozzy, Sharon and Jack - looking on, Osbourne and professional partner Louis Van Amstel danced to a cover of Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble." The 25-year-old was clearly moved and began crying after her last dance.
She thanked the audience and said she had "grown so much" during the show. Co-host Samantha Harris said Osbourne had become "a swan."
The finale culminated a season of good ratings for "Dancing with the Stars," which consistently ranked as one of the most-watched shows of the fall.
The contestant who grabbed the most headlines, former Congressman Tom DeLay, had to withdraw in the third week of competition because of stress fractures in both feet. A healed DeLay returned Tuesday night to dance the Texas two-step routine he had hoped to perform.
All the former contestants returned, including former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin. Waltzing to the theme of "Monday Night Football," he performed a dance-off with another NFL receiving great: Jerry Rice, a contestant on the second season of "Dancing With the Stars." The judges declared Rice the winner.
Pop singer Aaron Carter, voted off this season, performed a dance to the theme of "The Muppet Show." Animal took the drums, while Miss Piggy lurked backstage.
Mistakes on the dance floor weren't the only missteps of ABC's live broadcast. At the top of the show, as highlights from Monday's show ran, the video froze on shot of Miss Piggy, prompting host Tom Bergeron to remind viewers that the broadcast was live - and send the show to an early commercial break.
Whitney Houston also made a guest appearance to perform her "Million Dollar Bill" and the fitting "I Wanna Dance with Somebody."
The gymnast Shawn Johnson won last season's "Dancing with the Stars."
ABC can expect high ratings for Tuesday's finale. Last week's results show attracted an audience of 16.2 million.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to Five Years in Prison for Killing of Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
- Sofia Vergara's Ex-Fiance Nick Loeb Sneaks Up on Her at Red Carpet Event -- See the Awkward Pic!
- Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump, Cleavage While Ryan Reynolds Looks On Adoringly
- Oscar Pistorius, Sentenced To 5 Years, Might Be Out Of Jail In 10 Months
- Speak-The-Plow! The ?Old Lindsay Lohan Is Back' & We Are ?Really Proud Of Her,' Says Friend
- ?Dembabies' Ain't Going Anywhere! Judge Throws Out Woman's Maternity Claim She's The Real Mother Of Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon's Twins
- Kris Jenner on Bruce's changing appearance: 'I don't know what he's going through'
- Gene Simmons: Young women should marry older men
- Country singer Martina McBride pursues cooking passion
- Jennifer Garner's Passionate Speech on Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Is Only Asked About His Co-Star's ''Tits''
- Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Reveal Their Baby's Gender! 19 Kids and Counting Stars Are Having a Boy!
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to Five Years in Prison for Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp's Killing