Why You're Searching "Vicki Kennedy," "Laura Wasser," and "Allen Iverson Retired"
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 25th 2009 09:05PM
"Vicki Kennedy," "Martha Stewart Turkey," and "Allen Iverson Retired" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight...
Who Won Dancing with the Stars – Not Levi Johnson. He didn't participate in season 9, but he hopes to be invited to 10. If you didn't know Donny Osmond took home the trophy last night, well, you've been hiding under a very big rock. Or maybe just too busy in the kitchen to catch up. He and partner Kym Johnson performed an Argentine tango, which judge Carrie Ann Inaba called "artistry in motion." Mya performed an uptempo jive and came in second, while Kelly Osbourne's sashay to Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" earned her third.
Vicki Kennedy – Ted Kennedy's widow appeared on 'Oprah' Wednesday for her most in-depth interview since the Senator died in late August. She told Winfrey that Ted was given only a couple months to live when he was diagnosed with brain cancer in May 2008. "He didn't accept that," Vicki said, and he vowed to see Barack Obama sworn into office. He lived to see that and much more. "The real story," Vicki said, "was what Teddy accomplished and how much he did in those last 15 months."
Adam Lambert Controversy – How much longer is Glambert gonna sit atop Google Trends? You'd think the guy safely landed on the Hudson in an AIG private jet full of the Jackson 5. But c'mon, he just made out with a dude on national TV, faked giving a BJ, and grabbed his crotch a few dozen times. He admitted on 'The Early Show' today, "I did get carried away, but I don't see anything wrong with it... My intention was to interpret the lyrics of my song and have a good time with it."
Laura Wasser – Laura Wasser is the world's premier attorney to the splitting stars. She has represented Angelina Jolie, Stevie Wonder, Kiefer Sutherland, Nick Lachey, Kelis and Britney Spears in their headline grabbing divorces. Add record exec Jimmy Iovine's ex-wife former Plaboy bunny Vicky Iovine to that list. The two officially split today, according to TMZ. And you thought Thanksgiving was a family holiday.
Martha Stewart Turkey Recipe – Martha has told us how to cook a bird dozens of times over the years. This year, however, Martha had a surprising message for viewers on her special Thanksgiving show. Last Thursday she encouraged us to go veggie in 2K9. No joke. "Did you know that the average American eats more than 200 pounds of meat each year?" she said, kicking off the episode. She went on to describe a number of turkey alternatives (tofurkey, anyone?) and gave a recipe for vegetarian stuffing. Stewart, a notorious meat eater herself, didn't back away completely from gobblers. If you've got to buy a turkey, and you just might, try to make sure its farmed using sustainable and humane practices.
Allen Iverson Retired – Allen Iverson is a living legend. The diminutive shooting guard introduced the NBA (and much of the world) to cornrows. Oh yeah, he also wowed fans with a dazzling brand of offensive-minded basketball. No more. He skipped town on the basement dwelling Memphis Grizzlies and offered his services to any team that would sign him and his emotional baggage. There were no takers. Now "The Answer" has written a goodbye on Steven A. Smith's blog. "I still have tremendous love for the game," Iverson writes. "I feel strongly that I can still compete at the highest level."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amber Portwood Snaps Sweet Photo of Daughter Leah, 5, Mid-Dance
- Dakota Johnson, Matthew Hitt Hold Hands in New York City, Spark Dating Rumors
- Nicki Minaj Bares Butt in G-String Thong on "Anaconda" Single Cover: Picture
- She's Going To Disneyland! Kris Jenner Has Fairy Tale Day With Male Friend
- Bethenny Frankel Ex Jason Hoppy Nonchalantly Walks In New York With Pink Fingernail Polish
- Bravo Edits Footage Of ‘RHONJ’ Star Amber Marchese’s Husband Threatening Teresa Giudice’s Brother
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- 2015 Pirelli Calendar Will Feature a Plus-Size Model for the First Time Ever
- Alec Baldwin Appears in Court for Bike-Riding Case, Angrily Tweets That NYC Is a "Carnival of Stupidity"
- Nicki Minaj Bares Her Booty in a G-String on Cover Art for Next Single "Anaconda"—Check It Out!