Dancing With the Stars' Maksim: ''The Bad Boy Image Is What's Stuck''
What's harder: Broadway or DWTS?
I think I enjoy Broadway so much more. DWTS is not just about dancing. It's also about dealing with your partner and their insecurities. You turn into not just a dancer and an instructor, but also a psychiatrist and a shoulder to cry on. I look forward to Broadway because it showcases exactly what I do and I get to do it the way I want to do it and not alter it because of who I'm dancing with. I just enjoy the hell out of it.
Do you think Donny Osmond deserved to win?
I think so, given what the show is. There are certain things you have to do to win the crowd. Mya was obviously one of the best dancers we've ever had on our show but I think her and Dmitry didn't get the message across how much she wanted to win.
Don't you think you have an image as the sexy dancer/bad boy on the show?
I think the bad boy image is what's stuck. I don't mind it. I'm not bad by any stretch of the imagination but this is what people want to see me as and I'm ok with it. One thing I learned in Hollywood is it's all about image and the recognition factor.
Do you enjoy showing off your chest?
(Laughs) No, look we're Latin trained and that it requires sexiness and passion.
Do you wax your chest?
No, a little manscaping but I'm not very hairy.
Maksim Chmerkovskiy and ex-Karina Smirnoff practice over the summer for
Burn the Floor. She has been replaced by DWTS Kym Johnson.
Are you speaking to Karina?
Not at all. It's a shame but unfortunately that's the way things are. Whatever happened is private and will remain that way unless she decides to talk about it. In all honesty it's a lesson learned and I've got to thank her for being a great instructor in the lesson of what not to look for in a woman. I'm going to leave it at that.
Are you dating anyone?
No, I've been taking my time. I'm a big romantic. I've never really hurt anybody because I'm very gentle and passionate and giving.
So you're a nice guy.
I try to be.
Ray Tamarra, FilmMagic
Goran Gajanin, Getty Images
Ray Tamarra, Getty Images
Chiaki Nozu, FilmMagic
Joe Kohen, Getty Images
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sinead O'Connor Slams AMAs in Blog Rant, Claims Pope Francis Was Scheduled to Appear
- Kate Middleton, Prince William's Second Baby Due in April, Kate Middleton Ready for First Pregnant Engagement
- Brad Pitt Talks Meeting the Queen, Dame Angelina's Not the Boss at Home!
- Judgment Day! Teresa Aprea Fights With Teresa Giudice Over Infidelity Rumor, As Guilty Giudices Are Sentenced on ?RHONJ' Finale
- Fool For Love? Vicki Gunvalson Rushes To Brooks Ayers Defense In Slander Court Case
- Exclusive: Olivia Munn appeals to USDA to help circus elephant
- Bob Seger, 69, launches tour and new album, 'Ride Out'
- Topless pics of Brooke Burke hit New York City gallery