Lindsay Lohan to Stay on at Ungaro
By Chris Jancelewicz Posted Nov 26th 2009 03:15PM
In defiance of all her critics, Lindsay's controversial clothing collection has been hailed a commercial success. Her creations were ripped apart by fashion critics when they hit the runway in September, with Women's Wear Daily calling the collection "an embarrassment."
The company's founder, Emanuel Ungaro, who retired from the firm a few years ago, also slammed Lindsay's designs, labelling the show a "disaster."
In spite of all the bad press - which we suppose is actually good press, considering all the coverage it received - bosses at the fashion house have stood by Lindsay, insisting she will return to design another collection for the brand.
Company president Mounir Moufarrige has spoken out about the controversy surrounding the star - revealing her designs have been flying off store shelves.
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
HOLLYWOOD - NOVEMBER 18: Actress/singer Lindsay Lohan attends the GQ "Men Of The Year" party held at Chateau Marmont on November 18, 2009 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images for GQ) *** Local Caption *** Lindsay Lohan
Getty Images for GQ
Getty Images North America
Getty Images for GQ
He tells Reuters, "Yes (she's staying on), she has a job to do. The criticism was harsh. I am sure we can do better in the collection, to be honest. But it did sell well."
He also told Women's Wear Daily, "As we speak, she is in New York in shoots with Ungaro."
And so, the blurred line between designer and celebrity gets even blurrier. What's next for Lindsay, tube top evening gowns and dress slits up to the belly button? Only time will tell.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Audra McDonald Sings Yahoo Answers on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon: Watch Now!
- Southwest Airlines Passenger Claims He Was Kicked Off Flight After Tweeting Complaint About "Rude" Gate Agent
- Kelsey Grammer's Wife Kayte Gives Birth to Baby Boy Gabriel
- Kelsey Grammer And His Wife Kayte Grammer Welcome Their Son Gabriel To The World
- A Baby To Save Their Marriage: Troubled Portia De Rossi Reportedly Wants A Baby With Wife Ellen DeGeneres? And Even Consults A Surrogacy Agency!
- It's Here! Check Out Brand New ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Preview (That Some Say Reeks Of Cheesiness!)
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- FOX411's pic of the day