Lindsay Lohan to Stay on at Ungaro
By Chris Jancelewicz Posted Nov 26th 2009 03:15PM
In defiance of all her critics, Lindsay's controversial clothing collection has been hailed a commercial success. Her creations were ripped apart by fashion critics when they hit the runway in September, with Women's Wear Daily calling the collection "an embarrassment."
The company's founder, Emanuel Ungaro, who retired from the firm a few years ago, also slammed Lindsay's designs, labelling the show a "disaster."
In spite of all the bad press - which we suppose is actually good press, considering all the coverage it received - bosses at the fashion house have stood by Lindsay, insisting she will return to design another collection for the brand.
Company president Mounir Moufarrige has spoken out about the controversy surrounding the star - revealing her designs have been flying off store shelves.
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
HOLLYWOOD - NOVEMBER 18: Actress/singer Lindsay Lohan attends the GQ "Men Of The Year" party held at Chateau Marmont on November 18, 2009 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images for GQ) *** Local Caption *** Lindsay Lohan
Getty Images for GQ
Getty Images North America
Getty Images for GQ
He tells Reuters, "Yes (she's staying on), she has a job to do. The criticism was harsh. I am sure we can do better in the collection, to be honest. But it did sell well."
He also told Women's Wear Daily, "As we speak, she is in New York in shoots with Ungaro."
And so, the blurred line between designer and celebrity gets even blurrier. What's next for Lindsay, tube top evening gowns and dress slits up to the belly button? Only time will tell.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect
- Jason Derulo Broke Up With Jordin Sparks Over the Phone, Said Their Sex Life Wasn't to Blame For the Split
- Jeopardy's "What Women Want" Category Slammed as Sexist
- ?Hank Is Not Gay!' ? Kendra Wilkinson Will Move On With Husband Hank Baskett Despite Cheating Allegations ? ?He Deserves Forgiveness'
- Trashed & Making A Splash! Amanda Bynes ?Drunk' On Rooftop Of West Hollywood Hotel Following DUI Arrest
- Bethenny's Back! Frankel Returning To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'