Mysteries of "Zhu Zhu Hamsters," "Al Alberts," and "White House Party Crashers" Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Nov 27th 2009 02:49PM
"Zhu Zhu Pets," "Turkey Soup," and "Josh McDaniels F-Bomb" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Black Friday Online Deals – Today is Black Friday, so named for a handful of diverse reasons. One hypothesis states that the term "Black Friday" came about because of the dread felt by those on the job who had to deal with the massive traffic jams traditionally encountered on the day that kicks off the holiday shopping season. Another suggests the Friday after Thanksgiving is "Black Friday" because it's the day retailers finally make a profit. Regardless of the origin, today is a day shoppers will seek and, if savvy, find great deals online and on the streets.
Zhu Zhu Hamsters – But where are you gonna find this year's hottest toy? Toys R' Us has 'em. Amazon has 'em. Walmart has 'em. You're favorite little mom n' pop probably has 'em too. For now. Zhu Zhu fever is in full swing (Nobody knows why. Jimmy Kimmel says, "they're matchbox cars with hair on them."). But if you want to get your hands on one or a few of the cuddly little battery-powered critters, no time is as good as now.
Josh McDaniels F-Bomb – There's nothing better than an F-bomb launched on live national TV. Scratch that. There's nothing better than an F-bomb launched loudly and clearly on replay on live national TV. That's what happened last night during the Broncos vs. Giants game on the NFL Network. Producers cut to a pre-recorded bit where Broncos coach Josh McDaniels can be heard cheering his team on to "win a motherf***ing game!" It must have worked. The Broncos came away on top 26-6.
Turkey Soup – There aren't many things you can do with a carved turkey carcass. Of your limited options, one stands above all others. Post-Thanksgiving turkey soup seems to have caught on. Maybe it's a recession thing. It's definitely a delicious and relatively easy thing to do. One recipe calls for you to drop your bird in water and add in wild rice, fennel, sausage, and some leftover mashed potatoes. Another says you might want to throw in some Tabasco. You've got a lot of leeway in creating this tasty dish, but you better have that dead bird. It might be time to start digging through the trash.
Al Alberts – A founding member of the Four Aces and popular television host for over 30 years, Al Alberts died on Friday at the age of 87. Son Chris says the cause of death was complications from kidney failure. The elder Alberts recorded hits "Three Coins in a Fountain" and "Love is a Many Splendored Thing" with the Four Aces. He hosted the Philadelphia area televised talent show the 'Al Alberts Showcase' until 1994. Alberts is survived by his wife and two sons.
White House Party Crashers – A couple uninvited guests snuck their way into President Obama's first state dinner at the White House on Tuesday night. Tareq and Michaele Salahi, aspiring participants in the upcoming reality show 'The Real Housewives of Washington,' hopped in line at the crowded entrance to the exclusive event and somehow ushered themselves inside. A few hours later, the pair posted pics on Facebook with smiling VIPs like Joe Biden and DC Mayor Adrian M. Fenty. Now the Secret Service is catching flack for failing to keep the party crashers out, though it's unclear how close the Salahis got to President Obama or the visiting Prime Minister of India.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shakira Takes Baby Milan to Countryside With Boyfriend Gerard Pique: Picture
- Jessica Biel Cast in New Girl Season 4 as Jess' Nemesis: Details on Her Return to TV
- Whitney Houston's Mom Cissy Houston Speaks Out Against Lifetime Biopic: "Let Her Rest"
- Remembering Her Dad ? Bindi Irwin Opens Up About Losing Her ?Crocodile Hunter' Dad Steve Irwin, Says It's Like ?Losing A Piece Of Your Heart'
- Feud With The Kardashians Explodes — Kim’s BFF Jonathan Cheban Tells ‘RHONJ’ Star Ashlee Holmes, ‘You Made A Huge Mistake!’
- Chelsea In Control! New Book Claims Bill And Hillary Clinton's Daughter Wears The Pants In The Family ? Author Claims She Is A ?Royal Child'
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- Michelle Dockery Reveals How Her Friendship With Pippa Middleton First Began Years Ago
- Bethenny Frankel's Ex, Jason Hoppy, Sports Bright Pink Nail Polish While Strolling in NYC—See the Pic!
- Jake Gyllenhaal Goes a Little Crazy in New Nightcrawler Movie Trailer—Watch Now!