Lea Michele Looks Forward to Singing Streisand, Madonna on 'Glee'
By Nicki Gostin Posted Nov 30th 2009 09:21AM
'Glee' star Lea Michele sang in an intimate cabaret show that supported Cyndi Lauper's organization, 'True Colors' and 'Broadway Impacts,' a group that pushes for gay marriage. The impossibly adorable and sincere singer spoke with PopEater about the event and what's next for her 'Glee' character.
Why did you do this event?
The minute I got asked to do it I jumped on the opportunity because even though I get to sing on 'Glee' a lot it's not as much as if I was doing 8 shows a week on Broadway. I think it's a fantastic organization and I'm a huge fan of Cyndi Lauper's.
So you support gay marriage?
How has your life changed in the last year?
A lot! I no longer live in New York, I live in L.A. I work on T.V. rather than Broadway. So yeah, being on a television show people see you a lot more than being on a Broadway show. And I'm so happy being on a T.V show where I get to sing and dance.
Was it weird the first time you got recognized?
No, I understand a lot of people watch the show and I thought it was really nice.
So the cast is really tight?
Half of us live in the same apartment complex and some of us are roommates. They're my family and I love them very much.
Do you have a bestie?
I've known Jenna [Ushkowitz, who plays Tina] since I was 8 but I can't just pick one person. They're all there in my life for different reasons.
Is there one song you're dying to sing on the show?
I'm singing a Barbra Streisand song in a couple of weeks and that was my dream song and I got to do it. Also we're getting to do Madonna which is really awesome. We've been really lucky to do so many great people.
Are you surprised by the success of the show?
I'm happy that people are watching it. Sometimes a show can be great and no one watches it but I believed in it from day one. I felt it could be really big and the fact that everyone joined on the bandwagon was great.
Is Rachel going to end up with Finn?
I don't know! I'm just as curious as you are.
One last thing. Could you be any cuter?
(Laughs). I'm sure I could. I'll work on it.
Lea Michele Snapshots
Jonathan Groff and Lea Michele pose at the "True Colors Cabaret" presented by True Colors Tour, Broadway Impact and True Colors Fund at Feinstein s at the Regency on November 29, 2009 in New York City. Celebrities Visit Broadway - November 29, 2009 Broadway New York, NY
MORE ABOUT Lea Michele
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lea Michele Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Taylor Swift Stays True to Her ?No Dating' Policy
- Virgin Galactic Crash: The Stars Who've Signed Up to Go Into Space
- Emma Watson, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Others Shine at 2014 Britannia Awards
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!