Rihanna Urges Ladies to Take Nude Pics
"Sexy at 19 and sexy at 21 is two different things. I'm just having fun."
Rihanna, who was subjected to nude photos leaking on the Internet in the months following Brown's assault on her, addresses the photos for the very first time in the Sun interview.
"When naked pictures I'd sent to a boyfriend were leaked this year I was so nervous and embarrassed that my mom was going to see them ... But she reacted in the most surprising way. She just sent me a text saying, 'You're an adult now'. Basically saying, 'Welcome to the real world'."
The Barbados-born superstar was in Britain to appear on 'X Factor,' the country's version of 'American Idol.' She went on to opine about the staggering success that Susan Boyle has achieved thanks to her stint on the competition show.
"I think it's really terrific that someone's dream can come true just when you think it can't ... She's a middle-aged woman who doesn't look like a star yet she has the most angelic voice. I couldn't be more excited for her. I can't even put myself in her position, what that would feel like. She so deserves it," Rihanna says of Boyle's success.
She also does talk about the assault, and how she used her new music to vent her feelings.
"I opened up and got a little vulnerable and let my emotions out on it. I'm able to listen back to it now but in the beginning it was really weird. It was too deep for me. I kept having to leave the studio. But this was a great display of my recovery process," she told The Sun.
Rihanna's only remaining sadness is that her father Ronald Fenty - now clear of drugs - with whom she was recently reconciled, has not been in touch since the pair had a bust-up over him being drunk at her concert 18 months ago.
She credits him on her album sleeve but says she doesn't expect a response despite him saying he has been trying to make contact.
She says: "He has too much pride. It's almost like we play opposite roles - I'm the adult and he's the stubborn teenage boy.
"Luckily my mom raised me with enough qualities to take on something like that. She is the least judgmental person.
"My whole life, she has always been there guiding me but she was never too hands-on. She was just there by my side making sure I didn't make the wrong decision."
Ray Tamarra, FilmMagic
Goran Gajanin, Getty Images
Ray Tamarra, Getty Images
Chiaki Nozu, FilmMagic
Joe Kohen, Getty Images
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- ?Sons of Guns' Stars Arrested for Alleged Child Cruelty
- Bed Hopping, Backstabbing and More Drama in Store for 'General Hospital'!
- Harold Perrineau Joins the DC Universe as a Never-Before-Seen Character in 'Constantine'
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- Ed Sheeran "Feels Bad," Says He'll Apologize to Miley Cyrus After Calling Her a Stripper