Katie Holmes Defends Suri's High Heels
She's only been alive for three years, and already little Suri Cruise is spurring debate, this time about her penchant for high heels. Should such a young child be wearing what is considered to be footwear for adult women?
From her dresses to her shoes, the three-year-old's wardrobe has already garnered much media attention. Her mother, Katie Holmes, reveals it was her own footwear that inspired her daughter's decision to wear the heels.
"She, like every little girl - she loves my high heels," Katie told Access Hollywood at the Dizzy Feet Foundation at the Kodak Theater in L.A.
Suri's dresses and sometimes-extravagant outfits has been in the limelight since she was often spotted in public (more than once) without a coat.
Most recently, Suri's child-sized heels have sparked a debate online and in parenting magazines over whether they could present a risk to the child's growth, Access Hollywood reports.
Katie puts the gossip to rest, explaining the heels are actually supportive.
"They are actually ballroom dancing shoes for kids," Katie says. "I found them for her and she loves them."
Getty Images for Dizzy Feet Foun
Katie attended the Dizzy Feet event over the weekend in support of the organization she founded with 'So You Think You Can Dance' judges Nigel Lythgoe and Adam Shankman and 'Dancing With the Stars' judge Carrie Ann Inaba. The organization aims to help underprivileged young people realize their dreams of becoming professional dancers, says the UK's OK! Magazine.
"I've been a fan of dancing my whole life," Katie says. "I met with Nigel and he asked me if I wanted take part in starting this."
And while on the podium at the event, Katie announced the foundation received over 90,000 donations, enabling them to help nine students with scholarships to various dance schools.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Laverne Cox Got a Christmas Card From Beyonce, Almost Couldn't Handle It
- Kelly Ripa: How She Balances Motherhood, Her Career -- And Maintaining That Killer Body
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- The Duck Dynasty Family Christmas Card Is Here and the Robertsons All Have Dancing With the Stars Fever!
- ''No F--ks Given:'' Woman Defies Parking Enforcement, Drives Off With Boot on Her Car—Watch!
- Were Beyoncé and Jay Z Outbid on $70 Million Beverly Hills Mansion? Get the Scoop!