Katie Holmes Defends Suri's High Heels
She's only been alive for three years, and already little Suri Cruise is spurring debate, this time about her penchant for high heels. Should such a young child be wearing what is considered to be footwear for adult women?
From her dresses to her shoes, the three-year-old's wardrobe has already garnered much media attention. Her mother, Katie Holmes, reveals it was her own footwear that inspired her daughter's decision to wear the heels.
"She, like every little girl - she loves my high heels," Katie told Access Hollywood at the Dizzy Feet Foundation at the Kodak Theater in L.A.
Suri's dresses and sometimes-extravagant outfits has been in the limelight since she was often spotted in public (more than once) without a coat.
Most recently, Suri's child-sized heels have sparked a debate online and in parenting magazines over whether they could present a risk to the child's growth, Access Hollywood reports.
Katie puts the gossip to rest, explaining the heels are actually supportive.
"They are actually ballroom dancing shoes for kids," Katie says. "I found them for her and she loves them."
Getty Images for Dizzy Feet Foun
Katie attended the Dizzy Feet event over the weekend in support of the organization she founded with 'So You Think You Can Dance' judges Nigel Lythgoe and Adam Shankman and 'Dancing With the Stars' judge Carrie Ann Inaba. The organization aims to help underprivileged young people realize their dreams of becoming professional dancers, says the UK's OK! Magazine.
"I've been a fan of dancing my whole life," Katie says. "I met with Nigel and he asked me if I wanted take part in starting this."
And while on the podium at the event, Katie announced the foundation received over 90,000 donations, enabling them to help nine students with scholarships to various dance schools.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chinese Woman Spends Entire Week at KFC After Getting Dumped By Boyfriend, Says She "Needed Time to Think"
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- J.K. Rowling writes backstory for Potter character
- NBCUniversal settles lawsuit with unpaid interns for $6.4 million
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!