Papa Joe Got Too Close to Mama Gorilla
"We had a great time. There's nothing better than traveling the world. It was the most wonderful experience with Jessica in Morocco," Simpson told PopEater at the after-party at NYC's Inc. lounge for his other daughter Ashlee Simpson-Wentz's Broadway debut in 'Chicago.'
While he loved spending time with Jess, his favorite part of the trip was his personal adventure with the apes, which no one else on the family wanted to join in on.
"Uganda was my favorite. After our trip was over I spent some time with the gorillas," Simpson said. "I flew into Uganda, drove for two and a half hours, hiked for seven hours and traversed down 3000 feet to sit with the mountain gorillas for about an hour."
For the most part, Joe says the apes were pretty cool and bored by him, but things got tense when he tried to snap a picture of a baby gorilla.
"There was a mother gorilla and I tried to pull a branch down so I could take a picture and she was like 'Gahhhhh.' And you can't run because they'll attack you."
The whole Simpson clan -- Joe, Tina, Jessica, baby Bronx and in-law Pete Wentz -- are finished traveling for 2009 and they are planning to spend the holidays in New York City since Ashlee is performing 8 shows a week through February.
"We're all going to be here for the holiday to be with Ashlee," Joe Simpson said. "We love New York during the holidays." Ashlee added, "It is Bronx's first real Christmas so we are just excited to spend it with him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jagged Edge's Kyle Norman Chokes Fiancee With Her Engagement Ring: "Let's Get Married" Singer Arrested for Aggravated Assault
- Disney's First Latina Princess Elena of Avalor Introduced: She's a "Confident, Compassionate Teenager"
- Comcast Sends Bill to "A-Hole Brown" When Customer Asks to Cancel Service
- Blythe Danner: Even I don't understand my daughter Gwyneth Paltrow
- Jennifer Lawrence 'screamed' when she met Kim Kardashian
- Sean Penn: I would consider a marriage to Charlize Theron my first
- Simon Cowell Will Soon Be Making Cutting Remarks in Two Languages—He's Learning Spanish!
- Taylor Swift Remembers When She Felt She & Sam Smith Would Be BFFs—and May Have Ariana Grande to Thank for It!
- One Man Dead, Two Others Injured After Accident on the Set of Martin Scorsese's New Film Silence