Papa Joe Got Too Close to Mama Gorilla
"We had a great time. There's nothing better than traveling the world. It was the most wonderful experience with Jessica in Morocco," Simpson told PopEater at the after-party at NYC's Inc. lounge for his other daughter Ashlee Simpson-Wentz's Broadway debut in 'Chicago.'
While he loved spending time with Jess, his favorite part of the trip was his personal adventure with the apes, which no one else on the family wanted to join in on.
"Uganda was my favorite. After our trip was over I spent some time with the gorillas," Simpson said. "I flew into Uganda, drove for two and a half hours, hiked for seven hours and traversed down 3000 feet to sit with the mountain gorillas for about an hour."
For the most part, Joe says the apes were pretty cool and bored by him, but things got tense when he tried to snap a picture of a baby gorilla.
"There was a mother gorilla and I tried to pull a branch down so I could take a picture and she was like 'Gahhhhh.' And you can't run because they'll attack you."
The whole Simpson clan -- Joe, Tina, Jessica, baby Bronx and in-law Pete Wentz -- are finished traveling for 2009 and they are planning to spend the holidays in New York City since Ashlee is performing 8 shows a week through February.
"We're all going to be here for the holiday to be with Ashlee," Joe Simpson said. "We love New York during the holidays." Ashlee added, "It is Bronx's first real Christmas so we are just excited to spend it with him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Khloe Kardashian Steps Out in Eye-Catching Ensemble, Mila Kunis Flashes Engagement Ring From Ashton Kutcher: Top Weekend Stories
- Jared Leto, Brother Shannon Leto Give Smoldering Stares in Bold, Printed Shirts: See the Sexy Picture
- Taylor Swift, Lorde Pal Around New York City: See the Goofy Picture
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Once Upon a Time's Wicked-Awesome Debut, The Good Wife's Hot Hookup and More OMG TV Moments!
- Resurrection Debuts on ABC: Weigh in on the Series Premiere Now
- Dorothy Wang, Morgan Stewart and the Other #RichKids of Beverly Hills Get a Rude Awakening in NYC—See the Full Recap!