Papa Joe Got Too Close to Mama Gorilla
"We had a great time. There's nothing better than traveling the world. It was the most wonderful experience with Jessica in Morocco," Simpson told PopEater at the after-party at NYC's Inc. lounge for his other daughter Ashlee Simpson-Wentz's Broadway debut in 'Chicago.'
While he loved spending time with Jess, his favorite part of the trip was his personal adventure with the apes, which no one else on the family wanted to join in on.
"Uganda was my favorite. After our trip was over I spent some time with the gorillas," Simpson said. "I flew into Uganda, drove for two and a half hours, hiked for seven hours and traversed down 3000 feet to sit with the mountain gorillas for about an hour."
For the most part, Joe says the apes were pretty cool and bored by him, but things got tense when he tried to snap a picture of a baby gorilla.
"There was a mother gorilla and I tried to pull a branch down so I could take a picture and she was like 'Gahhhhh.' And you can't run because they'll attack you."
The whole Simpson clan -- Joe, Tina, Jessica, baby Bronx and in-law Pete Wentz -- are finished traveling for 2009 and they are planning to spend the holidays in New York City since Ashlee is performing 8 shows a week through February.
"We're all going to be here for the holiday to be with Ashlee," Joe Simpson said. "We love New York during the holidays." Ashlee added, "It is Bronx's first real Christmas so we are just excited to spend it with him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The View Reunion Planned for May With Past and Present Hosts Including Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Rosie O'Donnell
- X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer: Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, and More Reunite For Fantasy Adventure Sequel
- Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas Walk First Red Carpet Together Since Separating in August 2013
- Lock ?Em Up! Joe Giudice's Former Business Partner Says ?A Few Years In Jail Is Not Enough' For ?RHONJ’ Star & Wife Teresa
- Sugar & Spice! Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis Are Expecting A Baby Girl
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper: I see dead wrestlers
- Theresa Vail: From Army to Miss America to the Outdoor Channel
- Brian Johnson: Reports of AC/DC's death greatly exaggerated
- Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton Sing "Timber" by Pitbull & Kesha (Kinda)—Watch Now!
- KFC Is Bringing Back the Double Down, Domino's Is Launching Fried Chicken Pizza and the World as We Know It Is Doomed
- See Jenny McCarthy's Giant Yellow Sapphire Engagement Ring From Fiancé Donnie Wahlberg!