Papa Joe Got Too Close to Mama Gorilla
"We had a great time. There's nothing better than traveling the world. It was the most wonderful experience with Jessica in Morocco," Simpson told PopEater at the after-party at NYC's Inc. lounge for his other daughter Ashlee Simpson-Wentz's Broadway debut in 'Chicago.'
While he loved spending time with Jess, his favorite part of the trip was his personal adventure with the apes, which no one else on the family wanted to join in on.
"Uganda was my favorite. After our trip was over I spent some time with the gorillas," Simpson said. "I flew into Uganda, drove for two and a half hours, hiked for seven hours and traversed down 3000 feet to sit with the mountain gorillas for about an hour."
For the most part, Joe says the apes were pretty cool and bored by him, but things got tense when he tried to snap a picture of a baby gorilla.
"There was a mother gorilla and I tried to pull a branch down so I could take a picture and she was like 'Gahhhhh.' And you can't run because they'll attack you."
The whole Simpson clan -- Joe, Tina, Jessica, baby Bronx and in-law Pete Wentz -- are finished traveling for 2009 and they are planning to spend the holidays in New York City since Ashlee is performing 8 shows a week through February.
"We're all going to be here for the holiday to be with Ashlee," Joe Simpson said. "We love New York during the holidays." Ashlee added, "It is Bronx's first real Christmas so we are just excited to spend it with him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Looks Slim Less Than Two Months After Giving Birth to Baby Wyatt While Thanksgiving Shopping -- See the Pics!
- Tori Spelling Confirms Dean McDermott's True Tori Departure, Talks Show's Future
- Katy Perry Ditches Her Undies in See-Through Floral Skirt at the 2014 ARIA Awards: See the Racy Red Carpet Look!
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Jane Doe in 2005 Bill Cosby civil rape suit comes forward
- We're Freaking Out Over Shawn and Cory's Christmas Reunion on Girl Meets World!
- Joni Mitchell Thinks Taylor Swift Has "High Cheekbones" and Not Much Else to Offer as an Actress
- Sorry, Kim: Khloé Kardashian's Butt Might #BreakTheInternet in These See-Through Workout Pants!