Papa Joe Got Too Close to Mama Gorilla
"We had a great time. There's nothing better than traveling the world. It was the most wonderful experience with Jessica in Morocco," Simpson told PopEater at the after-party at NYC's Inc. lounge for his other daughter Ashlee Simpson-Wentz's Broadway debut in 'Chicago.'
While he loved spending time with Jess, his favorite part of the trip was his personal adventure with the apes, which no one else on the family wanted to join in on.
"Uganda was my favorite. After our trip was over I spent some time with the gorillas," Simpson said. "I flew into Uganda, drove for two and a half hours, hiked for seven hours and traversed down 3000 feet to sit with the mountain gorillas for about an hour."
For the most part, Joe says the apes were pretty cool and bored by him, but things got tense when he tried to snap a picture of a baby gorilla.
"There was a mother gorilla and I tried to pull a branch down so I could take a picture and she was like 'Gahhhhh.' And you can't run because they'll attack you."
The whole Simpson clan -- Joe, Tina, Jessica, baby Bronx and in-law Pete Wentz -- are finished traveling for 2009 and they are planning to spend the holidays in New York City since Ashlee is performing 8 shows a week through February.
"We're all going to be here for the holiday to be with Ashlee," Joe Simpson said. "We love New York during the holidays." Ashlee added, "It is Bronx's first real Christmas so we are just excited to spend it with him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs