Penelope Cruz Kisses Meryl Streep Every Time She Sees Her
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 3rd 2009 11:02AM
In a candid chat with Interview magazine -- conducted by her 'Nine' co-star Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz talks about her female role models and how much she loves Meryl Streep. "Whenever I see her, I always go up to her and start kissing her. I don't even say anything -- I just kiss her. She must think I'm some crazy person," she says of Streep. Cruz also discusses her first encounter with movies, her relationship with Pedro Almodovar with whom she's done four films, and her career. More Quotes and Gorgeous Exclusive Pics After the Jump!
Penelope Cruz in Interview Magazine
'Nine' actress Penelope Cruz is seen here in her stunning photo shoot for Interview Magazine Click for More Pics of the Steamy Oscar Winner >>>
Mikael Jansson, Interview
Mikael Jansson, Interview
On movies: "I don't remember the first one [I ever saw], but I remember that my father bought a huge Betamax machine, and that was very rare in our neighborhood at the time. We didn't have a theater nearby, but with the Betamax machine, I would go and rent these huge tapes that were bigger than me, and I would watch them over and over again. So my first relationship with cinema wasn't going to see the movies at the theater -- it was this machine."
Her working relationship with Pedro Almodovar: "There is a trust that we've had for so many years, but we don't gossip. We don't talk about our private lives so much. There is a line that we put there without planning. It just happened in a natural way, to protect the work -- I think that this comes out of an intuition from both of us to want to keep a balance in our lives."
On Meryl Streep: "There is nobody better than Meryl Streep. I watch her movies over and over again -- I saw 'Silkwood' again a couple of weeks ago, and it made me just want to kiss her feet. We only know each other from seeing each other at awards ceremonies or those kinds of events, but whenever I see her, I always go up to her and start kissing her. I don't even say anything -- I just kiss her. She must think I'm some crazy person."
Her career: "I feel like I've been very lucky with the directors. The characters I've been offered, especially lately, have given me the opportunity to play all of these different women. I always wanted that, and it's something that you cannot do by yourself. If you want to play a diversity of characters, somebody else has to have the imagination to give you a role completely out of the box."
For the Full Chat and More Photos, Visit InterviewMagazine.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- 'Duck Dynasty's' Jep Robertson speaks out on mysterious illness
- Hollywood's Favorite Thrillers: 19 Movies That Will Terrify You
- Christopher Nolan Refuses to Rule Out Return to Superhero Movies
- Talk Show Hosts Sport Hollywood-Inspired Halloween Costumes
- From pegacorns to Cheetos: The best celebrity Halloween costumes
- We're not worthy of the best Halloween costumes from ?Today,' ?GMA'
- Daniel Radcliffe Facts: 17 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Horns' Star
- Can Neil Patrick Harris Resurrect the Variety Show?
- Watch Sofia Coppola's Insanely Charming Holiday Gap Ads (VIDEO)