'New Moon' Theater Recording Lands Woman in Jail
Tumpach says she was recording her sister's 29th birthday party, which took place at the theater - much of the tape features her relatives singing "Happy Birthday." A few minutes of the feature film were captured, however, and the young woman was arrested when a theater employee noticed Tumpach recording.
The manager decided to press charges, but Tumpach says, "It was a big thing over nothing. We were just messing around. Everyone is so surprised it got this far."
Officers who examined Tumpach's camera found she had taped "two very short segments" of the movie - no more than four minutes total, Cmdr. Frank Siciliano said.
"You can hear me talking the whole time," Tumpach said. "It was never my intention to record the movie."
Tumpach was taken to bond court on Monday, where a Cook County judge ordered her released on a personal recognizance bond that didn't require her to post monetary bail.
Tumpach will still have to face the felony charge of criminal use of a motion picture exhibition, but as EW points out, the real crime here isn't punishable by the justice system: annoying theatergoers with a powered-up camera in a dark theater.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tree planted in memory of George Harrison felled ... by beetles
- Comic-Con Exclusive 'Jurassic World' Artwork Revealed
- 'Saint Laurent' Trailer: Gaspard Ulliel Stars as the Iconic Fashion Designer (Video)
- 'The Spirit' to Return, Courtesy of Dynamite Entertainment
- Toronto Film Festival 2014: Big Movies, Lineup Announced
- How Will 'Sons of Anarchy' End? Even Showrunner Kurt Sutter Isn't Sure
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies