'New Moon' Theater Recording Lands Woman in Jail
Tumpach says she was recording her sister's 29th birthday party, which took place at the theater - much of the tape features her relatives singing "Happy Birthday." A few minutes of the feature film were captured, however, and the young woman was arrested when a theater employee noticed Tumpach recording.
The manager decided to press charges, but Tumpach says, "It was a big thing over nothing. We were just messing around. Everyone is so surprised it got this far."
Officers who examined Tumpach's camera found she had taped "two very short segments" of the movie - no more than four minutes total, Cmdr. Frank Siciliano said.
"You can hear me talking the whole time," Tumpach said. "It was never my intention to record the movie."
Tumpach was taken to bond court on Monday, where a Cook County judge ordered her released on a personal recognizance bond that didn't require her to post monetary bail.
Tumpach will still have to face the felony charge of criminal use of a motion picture exhibition, but as EW points out, the real crime here isn't punishable by the justice system: annoying theatergoers with a powered-up camera in a dark theater.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber gets May 5 trial date for DUI and other Florida charges
- Bratty Justin Bieber heading for career ruin?
- Source: Celebrity skin guru murder-for-hire arrest 'fishy'
- 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million DVD, Blu-Ray Copies in First Weekend
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Know How George R. R. Martin's Books End
- Anna Camp to Star in 'Awkward' Creator's ABC Comedy
- Robert Rodriguez reveals the movie that scared him as a kid in our Pop Culture Personality Test ? VIDEO
- ?Frozen' Honest trailer: Starring the wickedly talented Adele Dazeem! ? VIDEO
- Box Office: 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Could Lose DreamWorks $84 Million
- 'Batman vs. Superman' Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic