High Infidelity: Rachel Uchitel Joins Ranks of Other Women
By Tricia Romano Posted Dec 4th 2009 06:45PM
The Other Woman occupies a scandalous place in history. Even though it takes two to tango, the Other Woman is usually the target of scorn and ridicule. High profile celebrities like Tiger Woods have it especially bad; their mistresses are often paraded around in the pages of the tabloids and on blogs, sometimes even with a scoring system comparing them all (Gawker!) We look at some of the more famous Other Women in recent history.
For some reason, maybe it's because she's the first one we learned about -- or maybe because she is the hottest -- that we consider Uchitel to be the prime Other Woman in the Tiger Woods case. Maybe it's because she's pretty high profile in her field, and dated celebs before, as well as Vegas and NYC club owner Jason Strauss. But maybe it's because, unlike the others, she's publicly been mum, and has opted to not embarrass him further by playing Tiger's taped messages to her for the world like Jaimee Grubbs.
Before she was Ms. Pitt and one-half of Brangelina, she was the Other Woman, the so-called home-wrecker in America's perfect coupling of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. When Pitt and Aniston hooked up it made us like him more. Though beautiful, Aniston is more girl-next-door than sexy goddess. So when he went and shacked up with, yep, the sexy goddess, he slipped from perfect guy to jerkface for many. Jolie is the archetypical Other Woman: Impossibly beautiful, something of a bad girl, and sex-on-wheels. In other words: every woman's worst nightmare.
The country cutey just couldn't resist the charms of Eddie Cibrian on the set of their TV movie 'Northern Lights,' so they struck up a courtship in late 2008. Nevermind that both were married at the time. Oh well! They have since put their divorces in motion, at the same time Cibrian is fighting reports he's cheating on Rimes with ... another Other Woman. Drama!
For a brief spell, Claire Danes -- not usually a fixture in the tabloids -- got the stink eye from all of Hollywood when she swiped Billy Crudup from his then-pregnant wife, Mary-Louise Parker in 2007. Seemingly very quickly bored, she soon dumped Crudup and his baggage for Hugh Dancy, who she's been with ever since. They were married this year in France.
Now, this is what we're looking for in the Other Woman. A tart with a "who-me?, who-cares?" attitude. A blonde vixen we can relate to; talented and pretty, with a good sense of fashion and a delicious sense of men. Let's take a look: first she dated Jude Law, and then, it turned out he had another woman (the nanny, wouldn't ya know it), and so she dumped him. Since then, she's dated Rhys Ifans and most notoriously, Balthazar Getty, who was very very very married (and now very, very, very separated). Turns out she wants to marry him, but she better look out -- for the Other Woman.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Sex That's SFW -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Angelina Jolie
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- It's a Girl for Stacy Keibler!
- Why Is NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson Driving Onto a High School Football Field?
- Watch the First Episode of ?Red Band Society' Now!
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode