Billy Joel's Daughter Hospitalized for Alleged Overdose
TMZ reports that 911 was called to Alexa's Manhattan apartment on Saturday afternoon, and that she had trouble breathing. RadarOnline.com is reporting that Alexa had "taken pills," which led to the 911 call.
She was then taken to St. Vincent's hospital in Manhattan. "She is stable and her doctors are assessing her needs," a rep for the singer confirmed to PEOPLE.
The New York Daily News is reporting that the New York Fire Department said Joel had taken eight pills, though the type of pill is not known.
According to a Radar source, Alexa had been having a rough time with her personal life lately, thanks in part to both of her parents' recent public divorces. Brinkley's nasty divorce from Peter Cook made headlines around the world due to his infidelity, and Joel's divorce from Katie Lee Joel this year also allegedly rattled Alexa. A report in PEOPLE suggests that Alexa's actions followed a breakup with her boyfriend.
Alexa, obviously influenced by her father's talents and success, has gone into the music business as well, releasing her first album, 'Sketches,' in 2006.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Will Smith movie 'Focus' tops the box office
- Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake'
- Who may replace Kelly Osbourne on 'Fashion Police?'
- Get the Look! Cara Delevingne's Harry Styles Style
- Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney Take the Plunge
- ?Fifty Shades' of ?SNL': Dakota Johnson, ISIS and More
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Phaedra Parks Takes a Swing at Kenya Moore During Fight Over Apollo
- Twins Reunion: Arnold Schwarzenegger Receives Lifetime Achievement Honor From Danny DeVito in Germany
- Taylor Swift Refuses to Address Katy Perry Feud in Interview, Imagines Life at Age 30: "I'll Probably Still Be Single"