Billy Joel's Daughter Hospitalized for Alleged Overdose
TMZ reports that 911 was called to Alexa's Manhattan apartment on Saturday afternoon, and that she had trouble breathing. RadarOnline.com is reporting that Alexa had "taken pills," which led to the 911 call.
She was then taken to St. Vincent's hospital in Manhattan. "She is stable and her doctors are assessing her needs," a rep for the singer confirmed to PEOPLE.
The New York Daily News is reporting that the New York Fire Department said Joel had taken eight pills, though the type of pill is not known.
According to a Radar source, Alexa had been having a rough time with her personal life lately, thanks in part to both of her parents' recent public divorces. Brinkley's nasty divorce from Peter Cook made headlines around the world due to his infidelity, and Joel's divorce from Katie Lee Joel this year also allegedly rattled Alexa. A report in PEOPLE suggests that Alexa's actions followed a breakup with her boyfriend.
Alexa, obviously influenced by her father's talents and success, has gone into the music business as well, releasing her first album, 'Sketches,' in 2006.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ryan Seacrest's ‘Knock Knock Live' off the air after 2 episodes
- Whitney, Bobbi deaths not first time celeb mother, child died under similar circumstances
- Ashley Monroe talks 10-year friendship with Miranda Lambert
- Caitlyn Jenner Nervously Tries Out Her Best Feminine Voice for Kim Kardashian
- ‘He's Just Another Kid, Charlie Brown!' Happy National Franklin Day!
- Extra Scoop: Madonna's Ex Gets Hitched! See Guy Ritchie's Beautiful Bride