Chris Brown Is 'Really Hurting Inside'
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 5th 2009 08:28AM
Chris Brown is still feeling sorry for his assault on Rihanna, the embattled R&B singer told 'Good Morning America' reporter Robin Roberts, saying that his smiling demeanor shouldn't be misconstrued as a lack of sincerity behind his apologies. "I'm really hurting inside and it's kind of like devastating to me," he said in the candid interview.
Brown, who gave his first post-assault tell-all interview to Larry King shortly after his sentencing, is now throwing his PR team under the bus for his lack of communications following the February beating of Rihanna. Despite wanting to come out and address the situation, Brown says he "had three or four days of PR and people telling me, 'OK, don't say this or don't say this because they're gonna take it this way.' So my head was not really giving me a chance to be me, it was me being me through other people."
When his video apology finally did come out, Brown says "it was genuinely from me but it wasn't projected correctly."
Brown also addresses RIhanna's statements that domestic violence was a recurring problem in their relationship, shooting down such claims.
Rihanna is back for sure, seen here performing during a surprise concert in New York City on Dec. 3. More Pics of Rihanna Looking Fab >>>
Getty Images for the Island Def
Getty Images North America
"I never ever had problems with anger, domestic violence in my past ... Girlfriends ... I wasn't that kind of person," he says in the interview.
Still, Brown says he's very aware of just how serious thing are.
"I was wrong for what I did. It's something that I will not look past. I will definitely say that ... Like I said I'm really sorry for what went down and what happened."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- 'The Voice' Results Live Blog! Who's In and Who's Out
- Laura Dern Hopes ?Jurassic World' Continues to Reinvent That ?Jurassic' Experience
- Extra Scoop: Bruce Jenner's ?Kinky' Night Out with Rumored GF
- Diem Brown's Love Chris "CT" Tamburello Proposed Five Days Before Her Death; Kendra Wilkinson Talks Sex With Hugh Hefner: Top 5 Stories
- Dancing With the Stars Winner Revealed on Season 19 Finale: Is It Alfonso Ribeiro, Janel Parrish, or Sadie Robertson?
- Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Dakota Johnson and Portrays Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer Parody -- Watch!