Donald Faison: 'I Could See Myself Playing Tiger'
Donald Faison first won our hearts as Murray in 'Clueless' and for close to a decade he's been Turk on the hit medical comedy 'Scrubs.' Aside from his general television success, Faison popped into our minds recently when we cast him to play Tiger Woods in the sure-to-be-made TV movie about the ongoing sex scanal. So, PopEater was able to catch up with Faison, who called from the 'Scrubs' set where he routinely puts in 12-hour days, to chat about the show, his personal life, why he's a "blerd" and yes, the possibility of playing Mr. Tiger Woods.
So how many years has 'Scrubs' been on? 23 or 24?
Something like that. Actually it's been 9 years, which is awesome. If we go 20 more years, I think we'll be the longest running TV show.
So not all that long to go.
It's just that 'The Simpsons' are so far ahead of us.
You and Zach Braff hate each other, right?
Yeah, I don't like him. He's a mean guy. Frankly he doesn't like black people. I'm joking! He's great, he's my best friend.
You're pals on and off the set, right?
We hang out all the time, on the weekends, when we haven't worked for months. We go on holidays together. We've been to St. Barts; we lived in New York together for a summer, Miami, a bunch of places. We are as close to homosexuality as you can get without being gay, that's what we are.
I have a theory on the secret of your success: Your dimples.
My dimples! My brother's dimples are so much better than mine. He has dents in his face. I've just got old man wrinkle lines.
Are you still dating Cacee Cobb?
Yes I am.
She's best friends with Jessica Simpson. Can you help set her up?
Ah, I'm going to be honest with you. I try to stay out of her dating life as much as I possibly can. That's none of my business.
PopEater cast you as Tiger Woods in their dream Tiger Woods movie. Any thoughts there?
That concerns me.
It's not like that. It's because we'd would like to see you in a dramatic role.
Oh that's what they're saying. I could see myself playing Tiger. I guess it is a drama now isn't it?
It sure is. Have you ever watched the show 'Cheaters?'
I love that show! It's the best. I like it when the girls get busted. That's better.
For some reason nobody has any sympathy for the dudes. Everybody is always like, 'Oh man, she didn't deserve that. Why did that have to happen to her?' But when it happens to a dude nobody talks about it. It's like, 'He's a dude, he'll bounce back.'
That show and 'Ninja Warrior.' I just love watching people falling. It's funny.
Any other shows you watch?
I still watch 'Heroes.' It's not the hippest show on TV. It's sort of geared towards people like myself. Blerds.
What is a blerd?
A black nerd. I'm a huge blerd.
What makes a blerd?
Somebody who's really into comics. Somebody who's watched 'The Empire Strikes Back' 400 times, someone who still plays D&D with his buddies back home, and then has to be black.
Well, yeah, otherwise you're just a nerd.
Lester Cohen, WireImage
Dave M. Benett, Getty Images
Joe Kohen, WireImage
Stephen Lovekin, Getty Images
George Napolitano, FilmMagic
Michael Caulfield, WireImage
Gustavo Caballero, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult Split For Second Time: Details
- Rachel Bilson Dresses Growing Baby Bump in Festive Frock, Denim Overalls: Picture
- Kim Kardashian Shares Nearly Naked Instagram to Wish Designer Riccardo Tisci a Happy Birthday: See the Pic
- Hilary Duff Shares All the ‘Adorable’ Things Her Son Luca is Up To!
- Taylor Armstrong Addresses Rumors She'll Return To ?RHOBH' & Slams ?Controlling' Dead Ex-Husband
- Livin’ La Vida Lilo! Inside Her Euro-Trip
- Pregnant celebs without the shy gene
- Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr dating former spouses?
- Tara Reid releases 'Sharknado'-inspired perfume. No, really
- Bristol Palin Broke?! Lawyer Says Court Docs Citing Zero Income Were Filed by Ex Levi Johnston and Are Not Accurate
- Kaley Cuoco Once Interviewed Teen Wolf's Tyler Posey and Had No Idea Who He Was—Hear the Hilarious Story!
- Watch Julia Roberts Perfectly Recite Her Famous Lines From Pretty Woman and Notting Hill!