ABC Reconciles With Adam Lambert
'American Idol' runner-up Adam Lambert landed in trouble for locking lips on ABC, with his controversial same-sex kiss on the recent AMA broadcast. This time he's smooching the network itself, as ABC plays a little kiss-and-make-up with Lambert following the singer's dismissal from multiple ABC appearances. PEOPLE is reporting that Lambert will appear on 'The View' Thursday.
Lambert's provocative performance on the American Music Awards - in which he thrust his crotch into a dancer's face, dragged two male dancers around on a leash and engaged in a makeout session with his male keyboardist - preceded the singer's dismissal from 'Good Morning America' and the New Year's Eve episode of 'Jimmy Kimmel Live.'
In a Twitter post last week, Lambert told his fans "Yes, sadly friends, ABC has cancelled my appearances on Kimmel and NYE. :( don't blame them. It's the FCC heat." As PopEater pointed out in an earlier post, the FCC does not regulate programming after 10 o'clock, meaning the 'Kimmel' performance would not have faced any scrutiny from the government regulatory office.
Lambert's visit to the ladies of 'The View' will be pre-taped - ABC can rest assured there will be no on-air shocks from the edgy performer. The appearance airs a day after he is honored by 'View' panelist Barbara Walters on her '10 Most Fascinating People of 2009' special, also on ABC.
MORE ABOUT Adam Lambert
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Adam Lambert Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of ?Walking Dead'?
- The lyrics of ?It's the Hard-Knock Life,' according to this ridiculous ?Annie' emoji video
- David Letterman's Ex-Cue Card Man Says ?Dave Is the Best Boss in the World'
- Monica Lewinsky Wants to End Cyberbullying for Good
- Wild Fight! David Arquette and Fianc
- Jada Pinkett Smith Brought a Shirtless Man on a Leash to Her Gotham Audition
- Kim Kardashian Leaves Little to the Imagination in Skintight Red Skirt, Grey Bodysuit for a Trip to the Office, Because Why Not?
- Tori Spelling Hospitalized For Possible Pneumonia, Reportedly Undergoes Ebola-Like Quarantine