Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britney Spears Teams Major Side Boob With Short Shorts: See Her Bold Workout Ensemble!
- Josh Murray Is Dating Anna von Staehle After Andi Dorfman Split: Meet His New Girlfriend!
- Teenage Boy Arrested for Instagramming Eminem Lyrics That Reference Columbine Shooting
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after his VMAs performance
- Cat Deeley Is Pregnant! SYTYCD Host Expecting First Child Patrick Kielty
- Fashion Police: Celebrating Joan Looks Back at Joan Rivers' Most Hilarious Moments: Watch a Preview of Tonight's Special!
- Vicki and Briana Have Heated Real Housewives of Orange County Confrontation Over Brooks—Watch Now!