Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sarah Hyland Adds Cleavage, Sex to Orange Jumpsuit: See Her Red Carpet Look
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Pope Goes Missing on Winter Finale
- New Beyonce Song "7/11" Leaks Before Album Debut: Listen Now!
- Britain still grappling with barrage of celebrity sex abuse
- Lou Ferrigno's wife Carla Ferrigno accuses Bill Cosby of assault; more come forward
- Norman Lear: Possible 'All in the Family' reboot for 2015