Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus Shares Thanksgiving Selfie, Says She's "F--king Thankful"
- 14 Things Us Weekly Is Thankful For in 2014!
- Jessica Alba Gives Thanksgiving Turkey Tips, Spices Up Turkey Day With Jalapeno Peppers
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Carson Daly, Ashlee Simpson, Josh Duhamel and More Stars Reveal How They're Spending Thanksgiving!
- Jessica Simpson Shares Adorable Photo of "Wild Turkeys" Maxwell and Ace at the Lake—See the Cute Pic!
- Remembering Paul Walker One Year Later: Cody Walker Reflects on His Brother's Life and Legacy