Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner Set to Appear As Woman on Vanity Fair Cover: Details
- Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner Bond on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Midseason Finale: Watch a Clip!
- Ethan Embry: Kissing Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait Was "Uncomfortable," She Gave Me a "Big Basket of Breath Mints!"
- Pete Townshend opens up about past alcohol abuse
- Bruce Jenner will be on the cover of July's Vanity Fair magazine
- Judge delays case after 'Suge' Knight hires Jackson lawyer
- Put Down That Thong, Girl: Granny Panties Are (Apparently) Coming Back in Style
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Shows Off the British Accent He Picked Up From England's Version of Jersey Shore: Watch Now!
- Trista Sutter Reminds Us That the Bachelor Franchise Does Result in Lasting Love...Sometimes!