Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Nye the Science Guy Reads Mean Tweets About Himself in Funny Video
- Peyton List Has a Pimple-Popping App, Was Nicknamed "the Octopus": 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Drew Barrymore Ready For Baby No. 3? "The Door's Open, But I'm No Spring Chicken"
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Lynn Anderson, singer of 'Rose Garden,' dead at 67
- Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler Go on Romantic Safari in Africa—See the Pics!
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family, Including Bobby Brown, Pat and Cissy Houston, Gather at Wake
- Kim Kardashian Calls Herself a ''Soccer Mom,'' Shares Photos of North West Playing Her New Favorite Sport!