Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton, Prince William "Giggle" In Aircraft Cockpit During Air Force Visit On Tour, Receive Boomerang For Prince George
- Miley Cyrus Postpones U.S. Tour After Extreme Allergic Reaction, Will Resume In August
- Marlon Wayans: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- I Can Make You REALLY Rich! Justin Theroux Helping Jennifer Aniston ?Double' Her Wealth & Turn Her Into A ?Shrewder Businesswoman'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- Kiss lead singer opens up about connection to 'Phantom of the Opera'
- 'Hawaii Five-O' star marries in where else? Hawaii!