Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Andi Dorfman Named Bachelorette for Season 10!
- Bachelor Season 18 Finale Spoiler: Does Juan Pablo Pick Nikki Ferrell or Clare Crawley?
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Grab Lunch Together in NYC: Picture
- My Mom Is To Blame! ‘Teen Mom’ Jenelle Evans Defends Baby Daddy Yelling At Her Mother, Says He Overheard Her Making Rude Comments About Him
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The Bachelor Finale Recap: Did Juan Pablo Choose Nikki or Clare? Plus, Find Out if They're Still Together!
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Are All Over Each Other in Sexy New Dance Video—Watch Now!
- Andi Dorfman Is Officially the Next Bachelorette! Find Out When Her Season Premieres