Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jagged Edge's Kyle Norman Chokes Fiancee With Her Engagement Ring: "Let's Get Married" Singer Arrested for Aggravated Assault
- Disney's First Latina Princess Elena of Avalor Introduced: She's a "Confident, Compassionate Teenager"
- Comcast Sends Bill to "A-Hole Brown" When Customer Asks to Cancel Service
- Blythe Danner: Even I don't understand my daughter Gwyneth Paltrow
- Jennifer Lawrence 'screamed' when she met Kim Kardashian
- Sean Penn: I would consider a marriage to Charlize Theron my first
- Tennis Star Madison Keys Says ''I Don't Really Identify Myself as White or African-American'' as Serena Williams Enters Aussie Finals
- Watch Montell Jordan Sing His Hit ''This Is How We Do It'' for a Surprised Crowd of Super Bowl Fans
- Get the Skinny on Mila Kunis' Post-Baby Workouts With Baby Daughter Wyatt!