Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Keanu Reeves Tells Jimmy Kimmel His Real-Life Ghost Story: Watch!
- Teresa Giudice Will Serve 15 Month Jail Sentence in Orange Is the New Black Prison
- Kristen Stewart Taking Time Out From Movies, Wants to Make Art in Downtown L.A.
- ?Judges Have No Jurisdiction In Where Someone Is Assigned,' Prison Official Says Of False Reports That Judge Sent Teresa Giudice To ?OINTB' Prison
- Headed For A Mistrial? Another Jodi Arias Juror Dismissed ? Over Nancy Grace!
- 'Nashville' recap: The truth comes out
- Jason Aldean's new album features 'honest' tunes
- James Franco and Megan Fox offer no explanation for bloody photo