Bryant Gumbel Recovers From Cancer Surgery
He revealed the news while on 'Live! with Regis and Kelly' and told viewers that he decided to keep his surgery private until now. He and his doctor hope that his treatment is completed.
Gumbel said that he is seeing his surgeon next week. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again," he said.
He revealed the health news while he was filling in for Regis Philbin, who recently underwent successful hip replacement surgery.
Gumbel is best known for his 15 years as co-host of NBC's 'The Today Show.' He is the younger brother of sportscaster Greg Gumbel. The 61-year-old has kept a relatively low profile in recent years, occasionally popping up on his 'Real Sports' show on HBO.
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Morena Brengola, Getty Images
Matt Kent, Redferns / Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Jun Sato, WireImage
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Frederick M. Brown, Getty Images
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Madeleine Albright Hilariously Burns Conan O'Brien on Twitter: "Never Get Into a Word War With a Diplomat"
- Dean McDermott: "I'm Not the First Person to Ever Cheat on His Wife"
- Kerry Washington Reveals Her Beauty Secrets?And the One Thing She Doesn't Want Her Husband to See
- Mama June Denies Reports She's Dating Pedophile Ex Mark McDaniel, Points Fans To Radar's Coverage
- Kim Kardashian Promises Us That North Will Have to Work
- Dina Lohan to Appear on ‘Millionaire Matchmaker’
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled amid sex offender scandal
- Country singer RaeLynn gets surprise visit from military brother
- ?King David' movie in the works at Warner Bros.