Mysteries of "John Daly Weight Loss," "Google Popeye," and "Kenan Thompson" Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 8th 2009 10:39AM
Wondering why "John Daly Weight Loss" "Bryant Gumbel Cancer," "Tiger Woods Ambulence," and "John Lennon" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Tiger Woods Ambulance – As suspected, the woman taken by stretcher from Tiger Woods' Windermere, FL home was confirmed to be Barbro Holmberg, Elin Nordegren's mother. The middle-aged woman was rushed to Health Central Hospital, the same hospital where Tiger was treated following his accident, after Holmberg called 911 at 2:36 AM complaining of stomach pains. A black Escalade with a license plate one character off from the vehicle Tiger crashed into a tree on November 27 showed up at the hospital today carrying a woman resembling Elin Nordegren. RadarOnline.com says Barbro has been released from the hospita;, while TMZ reports she's still there and listed in stable condition.
Bryant Gumbel Cancer – The truth always comes out on the dance floor. 'Real Sports' host Bryant Gumbel revealed a malignant tumor had been removed from his chest while filling in for Regis Philbin on 'Live! With Regis and Kelly' this morning. The revelation followed his announcement that he could not get jiggy with guest Julianne Hough of "Dancing with the Stars," explaining he had a doctor's note. "I'm okay for the time being," the 61-year-old said. "I'm hoping they greenlight me to play golf again."
John Lennon Death – Nothing but news of the grisly nature this morning, it appears. Not that this is exactly breaking news. John Lennon is dead, you knew this. You're no less aware of John Lennon's death than that of anyone who ever stepped foot on the earth, with the exception of maybe Abraham Lincoln and Jesus. Maybe not Jesus. Maybe just Abe. In any case, today marks the 29th anniversary of The Beatles' ringleader's assassination.
John Daly Weight Loss – Besides Tiger Woods, is there a golfer better known to the non golfing public than John Daly? Seriously, we're curious. The beer guzzling, cigarette smoking, club throwing, bad boy of the links has lost 110 lbs since undergoing lap band surgery in February. Once bulging in the range of 300 lbs, the newly slimmed down Daly was seen trotting the course in preparation for this week's Australian PGA event. Before the surgery he had fingered Kevin James to play him in a hypothetical biopic. Now he says that just won't work. "I just saw Matt Damon, how he swung a golf club, and I thought if I ever made a movie, I want him to be me," Daly told USA Today. "The problem is who is going to play all the ex-wives."
Kenan Thompson – If you haven't seen the controversial and hilarious Tiger Woods skit performed by Kenan Thompson and Blake Lively on last Saturday's 'SNL,' well, you're kinda missing out. And you know it, and maybe that's why you've made the video the most popular thing on Hulu right now. Yes, even more popular than Jackie Chan's classic 'Drunken Master' (though just barely).
Why is Popeye on Google – When in doubt about a Google doodle, assume an anniversary is at play. That's just what today is, the 115th birthday of Popeye creator E.C. Segar. Born in Illinois in 1894, though probably not the second most famous dead Illinoisan, Segar originally conceived Popeye as a supporting character in the 'Thimble Theatre' comic strip, which had already been featuring Olive Oyl for ten years. Segar died at 43, but his legacy very clearly lives on.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy Engaged; Tori Spelling Talks Dean McDermott Affair: Top Stories
- Andre Johnson, Rapper, Severs Penis, Jumps Off Building, Survives
- Will Arnett Files for Divorce From Amy Poehler 19 Months After Split
- Inside Joe & Teresa Giudice's Prison Nightmare: ?Real Fraudwife' & Husband Receiving Counseling From Minister As They Prepare For Likely Jail Sentences
- ‘He Placed The Knife On My Neck & Threatened To Kill Me & Himself’: ‘Scandal’ Star Columbus Short’s Wife Reveals Horrifying Abuse Claims — In Her Own Words
- ‘RHOA’ Star
- Mimi Faust sex tape causes shortage of ... shower rods?
- Wardrobe whoopsies: On purpose, or an accident?
- Rapper cuts off penis in suicide attempt, reattach fails, report says
- Kate Middleton Meets Little Princesses and Helps Plant a Tree With Prince William—See the Pics!
- Miley Cyrus Will "Remain Hospitalized" for Severe Allergic Reaction to Medication—Exclusive Update!
- Arrow Introduces a Classic DC Villain, American Idol's New Frontrunner Emerges and More OMG TV Moments