Why You're Searching for "How Old Is Dolly Parton," "Wakey!Wakey!," and "Nicki Minaj"
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 8th 2009 12:47AM
Wondering why "How Old Is Dolly Parton," "Wakey!Wakey!," "Heisman Finalists," and "Nicki Minage on 106 and Park" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight...
Albino Dolphin – This one of those phrases that is totally weird, yet totally unsurprising to find on Google Trends. Dolphins are awesome. Albinos are awesome. Albino dolphins are arguably the awesomest thing in the sea. Not like, say, your girlfriend and Monday Night Football, which are both totally awesome on their own, but disastrous when combined. We're not really sure why "Albino Dolphin" is being searched like crazy, but for those of you seeking, find Casper. The young albino bottlenose was spotted among hundreds of normally pigmented homies off the coast of Dana Point in April. Unfortunately, nobody's seen him since.
Nicki Minaj on 106 and Park – Sexy New York rapper and Lil Wayne protégé(ss) Nicki Minaj appeared on BET's '106 and Park' today to celebrate her 25th birthday and hype the release of Young Money's upcoming debut album 'We Are Young Money.' Minaj got the crowd up in a tizzy with her blonde wig and hot shiny leggings, but the crowd went even crazier for the debut of Young Money's "Bedrock" Music video, the most recent single off the album.
Elin Nordegren Moves Out – She's gone. The media's unveiling of alleged mistress number 7, Holly Sampson, was apparently the last straw. RadarOnline.com, which has become ground zero for the exploding Tiger Woods scandal, first broke the news. According to the site, Nordegren moved out of the $2.6 million Windermere, FL home and is currently residing in a house nearby.
How Old Is Dolly Parton – Dolly Parton appeared on Fox's 'Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special' on Monday night. Before performing "I Will Always Love You," she revealed to the millions watching that she's at work on writing her own musical biopic. When asked by Underwood who might play the lead, the country legend mentioned Kristin Chenoweth, who had appeared on the show earlier for a bit of comedy and onstage fun. But Underwood could pull it off the part, too, Parton said, provided she boost her bust a bit. Oh, and for those wondering, Dolly is 63 years old.
Wakey!Wakey! – Alex killed herself on last week's episode of 'One Tree Hill.' On this week's episode, she wakes up. But that's not getting the internets buzzing quite like the musical guest, a semi-regular on the show, the "random bartender dude," who is also the lead singer of indie darling Wakey!Wakey! Random bartender dude, real name Mike Grubbs, performed a solo version of "Brooklyn" on tonight's show. Apparently ya'll think it's the jam. We don't totally disagree.
Heisman Finalists 2009 – The 5 contenders for the most coveted trophy in college football were announced on Monday. Up for the award are Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, Texas quarterback Colt McCoy, Alabama running back Mark Ingram, Stanford running back Toby Gerhard and Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. Ingram is the favorite to win the award, which will be presented in New York on Saturday. His odds opened on Bookmaker.com at 1:1. McCoy has the second best odds at 3:1. In the least shocking Vegas development, Ndamukong Suh opened with the best odds of having his name mispronounced at the ceremony.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch
- Ace of Cakes Star Duff Goldman: I Love Riding Motorcycles Even After Losing Toes in Crash
- Ebola In NYC! Doctor Tests Positive For Virus After Treating Patients In Guinea
- Lucky Break! Former ?RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub Gets $700K In Liens Cancelled In Bankruptcy Case
- Mean Girl! Kim Kardashian Snubs Chris Brown’s ‘Lowbrow’ Girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation