Why You're Searching for "Joslyn James," "Peter Gammons," and "Biggest Loser Finale"
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 8th 2009 08:09PM
"Joslyn James Tiger Woods," "Peter Gammons," "As The World Turns," and "Biggest Loser Finale" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight...
Biggest Loser Finale – It's on! Who's gonna make it to the final weigh-in: Amanda or Liz? Does either stand a chance against slimmed-down finalists Rudy or Danny? We'll quickly find out whether Amanda or Liz moves on and then likely wait for the next 110 minutes of the 2 hour live finale to know who takes home the crown. If percentage of weight lost over the course of the season were the deciding factor, then Danny will go home the winner. He started season 8 at 430 lbs. and worked his weight down to 229 at the last weigh-in. That's a 47% weight drop. One word: dayummmmm.
Peter Gammons – Baseball's patron saint of analysis is leaving The Church. Peter Gammons, 64, will leave ESPN after the conclusion of Major League Baseball's winter meetings on Thursdsay. He's expected to write a farewell column for ESPN.com on Friday. The venerable reporter joined the network in 1989 after reporting stints with The Boston Globe and Sports Illustrated. According to a statement released by ESPN executive John Walsh, "Peter was the best and brightest in making the transition from print to video." Though he cannot discuss his departure until Wednesday, it is widely expected Gammons will join the MLB Network.
Gatorade Drops Tiger – Don't fret, the trend is only half true. Gatorade released a statement Tuesday announcing it would discontinue Gatorade Tiger Focus, the company's only product containing the stress reducer theanine. Gatorade, which publicly stood by the superstar's side only a few short days ago, claims it made the decision to drop the product many months before Tiger's scandal hit the news. "We hope to share more about our 2010 plans soon," the company said. It's unclear if Tiger will be a part of them.
Joslyn James Tiger Woods – Call her mistress number 11, and the second porn star alleged to work pro-bono for golf's superman. Deadspin first called the busty vixen out, citing an anonymous source who claims Joslyn James (real name: Veronica Siwik-Daniels) used to talk about "all the freaky sh*t Tiger dug in bed." The site also refers to a Facebook update allegedly posted by the NSFW actress on December 2. "I find it comical when certain individuals have no life of their own and want to be ME...so terribly bad. LMAO!" Wondering who she's refering to? You've got about 10 choices.
Tiger Woods Mistress Count – Here it is, as of now. Expect the list to grow. 1) Rachel Uchitel 2) Jaimee Grubbs 3) Kalika Moquin 4) Cori Rist 5) Jamie Jungers 6) Mindy Lawton 7) Holly Sampson 8) Unidentified Orlando cocktail waitress 9) Unidentified British TV personality 10) Unidentified "sex-addicted cougar" 11) Joslyn James
As The World Turns Cancelled – Do you know the origin of the term "soap opera?" We didn't, and then we looked into the history of one of the genre's most enduring shows. Turns out soaps were so named because companies like Proctor & Gamble produced them and used the daytime slots to bombard watchers with advertisements about cleaning products. So now you're a little smarter, and if you're a soap fan, perhaps today you became a little sadder. The 54-year-old show will hit the air for the last time next September.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Misty Upham's Father Charles Slams Auburn Police: "She Could've Been Alive, We Could've Resuscitated Her"
- Bryan Cranston Responds to Florida Mom's Petition Against Breaking Bad Dolls, Jokes He's Going to Burn His "Florida Mom Action Figure"
- Dakota Johnson, Mom Melanie Griffith Look Like Twins, Have Adorable Mother-Daughter Moment -- See the Picture
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Katy Perry's Birthday Week Is Already Amazing: Singer's Dream of Getting Her Name on the Shakey's Sign Comes True!
- Kris Jenner Makes the Most of a Flattering Filter on Instagram—but What Happened to Gordon Ramsay's Face?!
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Ghostbusters 3 Rumors, Reveals Her Biggest Fear (And It's Not Being Naked)