Paris Hilton Slams Police Response to Burglary at Nicky's House
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 9th 2009 09:45AM
Burglary must run in the family for the Hilton clan. A year after her big sister's home was broken into by a crew of teen bandits, Nicky Hilton is now reeling from a burglary at her Los Angeles home. Police say they were called Tuesday afternoon and were told that several unidentified items were swiped. Paris Hilton took to her Twitter feed to voice her outrage at both the criminals and the police for what she felt was a delayed response to their distress.
"It's unbelievable how my sister called the cops over an hour ago and they still haven't shown up," she wrote around 3:30 PM PST. "Her house just got robbed, so messed up."
Paris made her displeasure known at whoever may have burgled her sister, and noted correctly the uptick in celebrity robberies as of late.
"I HATE people who steal! It's so wrong! I hope they catch whoever did this! There has (sic) been so many robberies lately. So scary!"
She wasn't the only one to be scared, however. Paris says her sister "thought her cats escaped in the robbery but she just found them under the bed. Thank God."
Paris, Lindsay Lohan and Orlando Bloom are among several young celebrities whose homes have been burglarized in recent months. Four people have pleaded not guilty to charges involving the theft of $3 million in jewelry, designer clothes and other items.
Nicky Hilton Snapshots
Police officers arrive at Nicky Hilton's Beverly Hills home following a reported burglary on Dec. 8, almost a year after her sister's house was broken into.
Michael Buckner, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Kim Novak takes on Oscar night 'bullies'
- NBC Plans 'Saturday Night Live' 40th Anniversary Special for 2015
- Power Model Garrett Neff on the Rules of New York Power Dressing
- Gareth Edwards Talks About His Approach to 'Godzilla' Reboot (Video)
- A ?Southland' movie? Here's what we'd want to see
- ?Orphan Black' season 2 review: Tatiana Maslany continues to be one of a kind
- ?Scandal' finale: Were you underwhelmed?
- Johnny Depp Facts: 33 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the A-List Star
- The First 'Jersey Boys' Trailer Will Have You Tapping Your Toes (VIDEO)
- 'Transcendence' Review: A Journey Into the Absurd