'Glee' Hiatus Survival Guide
By Amy Wilkinson Posted Dec 10th 2009 02:00PM
Glee' (*Spoiler: New Directions wins sectionals! Mr. Schuester kisses Ms. Pillsbury!), we're left with a William McKinley High-sized hole in our Wednesday night DVR lineup until spring. That's right. No new episodes of 'Glee' until April 13. Though you could pass the time by watching that other FOX musical series (ahem, 'American Idol'), we thought of a few more 'Glee'-full alternatives.
1. Rock out to the soundtracks. Yes, soundtracks.
Although the series is only a little more than half way through its first season, two soundtracks featuring show-stoppers like 'Don't Stop Believin,' 'Imagine' and 'Proud Mary' have already dropped. Yes, you can be that guy singing show tunes at the top of your lungs while walking down the street with your iPod.
2. Become a YouTube sensation
No self-respecting Gleek would ever settle for simply karaokeing to 'Bust Your Windows.' Nope, you can do better than that. I'm not talking about actually joining a glee club. Who wants the commitment? Instead, dust off your leg warmers and toe shoes and set your sights on worldwide fame and adoration with your own 'Glee' send up. Here's a little inspiration to get you started:
3. Engage in slushie warfare
Super Soakers are so 1991. The next time a water fight is in the offing, eschew the H2O for lime, blue raspberry or grape slushies. Or you could sneak up on your buds and give them a slushie facial by surprise. But then you probably won't have anyone to help film your viral video (see No. 2).
4. Work a Mohawk like it's 1985.
The actor behind bad-boy footballer Puck (Mark Salling) insists his Mohawk has magical powers. "It's the secret," he said recently, attributing his inclusion in People's Sexiest Man Alive issue to the signature 'do. Attain these powers and be reminded of your favorite musical series every time you look in the mirror by shaving a little off the sides.
And don't fret, ladies. You too can pull off this look by sporting a well-crafted fauxhawk. Take a cue from former 'American Idol' contestant Sanjaya Malakar.
5. Fake a pregnancy like 'Glee' character Terri Schuester.
Nah, never mind. That's a terrible idea.
How will you be passing the time until 'Glee' returns in April?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince George, Prince William, Kate Middleton Color-Coordinate Outfits En Route to Sydney: Picture
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Pose With Adorable Police Puppies in New Zealand: Pictures
- Pharrell Cries "Happy" Tears; Tony Dovolani Talks DWTS Tiff With NeNe: Top Stories
- Dean McDermott Visits 12 Step Recovery Merchandise Store, Says He’s ‘Trying To Get Sober’ To Save Marriage With Wife Tori Spelling
- Paul Walker's brothers to stand in for late actor as 'Fast & Furious 7' wraps
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cites 'severe' allergic reaction
- Tracy Morgan 'concerned' about Alec Baldwin
- Kate Middleton Looks Perfect While Trying to Stay Dry, Prince George Continues to Be Royally Adorable
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Wedding Not Happening: "They're Very Happy As Is," Source Says
- FX's Fargo: What Did You Think of Billy Bob Thornton's Dark New Drama? Plus, Behind-the-Scenes Scoop!