Mysteries of "10 Most Fascinating People," "So You Think You Can Dance Results," "Golf Digest Cover" and "Chris Cuomo" Solved
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 10th 2009 12:00PM
"10 Most Fascinating People," "Golf Digest Cover," "Esperanza Spalding," and "Chris Cuomo" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today...
Chris Cuomo – The morning talk show shuffe is in full swing today with the announcement that news anchor Chris Cuomo will be leaving 'Good Morning America' to co-anchor '20/20.' The news comes a week after 'GMA' co-host Diane Sawyer was tabbed to take over for departing 'World News' anchor Charles Gibson. George Stephanopoulos, currently ABC's chief Washington correspondent, will take over for Sawyer, and ABC correspondent Juju Chang will take Cuomo's spot on the morning show. Cuomo, son of former New York governor Mario Cuomo, will be the primary stand-in for Stephanopoulos.
Esperanza Spalding – The Dalai Lama thinks the Nobel Peace Prize came "a little early" for Barack Obama. In light of last week's decision to send 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan, maybe he was right. But all that's no big deal! Let's listen to some music! Celebrated bassist and jazz vocalist Esperanza Spalding performed in Oslo today during Obama's Peace Prize acceptance. She's got skills. Check her out on MySpace.
Golf Digest Cover – Tiger's on the cover of the January issue (along with Barack Obama) and the media is jumping all over it. "The timing couldn't be worse," The Star says of the issue which had been printed by the time Tiger smashed up his Escalade on November 27. The Age calls the issue "Golf Digest's cover to forget." But we couldn't disagree more. For one, this issue is going to sell like hot cakes, and the publisher knows it. We wouldn't be surprised, even, if Golf Digest had the opportunity to switch up the cover but declined. Forget business considerations, though. The cover, which reads: "10 Tips Obama Can Take from Tiger" is still relevant. Tiger's still got his superhuman golf game, we presume, and hopefully, he's gained some teachable street smarts over the past couple weeks as well.
So You Think You Can Dance Results – Mollee Gray and Jonathan "Legacy" Perez were cut from 'SYTYCD' on Wednesday. Mollee, an 18-year-old jazz dancer from Utah, was praised by the judges on Tuesday for her two graceful routines: a Viennese waltz and a Broadway-style get down. "I think this is a routine that has just taken you into the realm of being a real professional dancer," Nigel Lythgoe said. But the 8 million-strong TV audience didn't agree. Legacy pulled off a couple modern routines on Tuesday, the first of which drew universal praise from the judges booth. Of the second, a hip-hop number, judge Mary Murphy said, "I was left a little bit disappointed, honestly." Apparently the voting public was as well.
10 Most Fascinating People Barbara Walters – 9 were already unveiled. Last night Barbara Walters unveiled number 10. "We call the show 'The 10 Most Fascinating People' of the year – not 'The 10 best Role Models,'" she told the New York Post earlier this week. Not that number 10, Michelle Obama, isn't someone to look up to. She created the White House's first ever organic garden for heirloom tomatoes' sake. But nitpickers are nitpicking on just how fascinating Michelle really is. "A lovely lady. The first lady. Maybe I'm burned out from so many stories riffing on her fascinating-ness," writes Christie D'Zurilla of the Los Angeles Times.
Barbara Walters Gay Kiss – No, Babs didn't smooch Michelle Obama on last night's '10 Most Fascinating People.' What's grabbing headlines is the fact that she aired footage of fascinating person Lady Gaga's gay makeout, said nothing, and then criticized fascinating person Adam Lambert for smooching a dude on live TV.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mark Salling, 31, Is Dating Disney Star Denyse Tontz, 19: Sweet Picture, Details
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Reunites With Buffy Costar Anthony Head: Adorable Picture
- Leonardo DiCaprio Does Karate in Skinny Jeans on a Yacht: Pictures
- Remembering Her Dad ? Bindi Irwin Opens Up About Losing Her ?Crocodile Hunter' Dad Steve Irwin, Says It's Like ?Losing A Piece Of Your Heart'
- Feud With The Kardashians Explodes — Kim’s BFF Jonathan Cheban Tells ‘RHONJ’ Star Ashlee Holmes, ‘You Made A Huge Mistake!’
- Chelsea In Control! New Book Claims Bill And Hillary Clinton's Daughter Wears The Pants In The Family ? Author Claims She Is A ?Royal Child'
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- Tori Spelling "Working on Things" With Dean McDermott, Hopes to Have "Candid" Talk With Their Kids One Day
- North West Takes Her First Steps! Proud Mom Kim Kardashian Shares the Exciting News With Adorable Photo
- The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and Sinister Six Get New Release Dates at Comic-Con