'Top Chef' Star Tom Colicchio Makes Pick for 'Worst Season Ever'
What would Bravo do to you if you ever gave spoilers for 'Top Chef'?
I could be fined up to a million dollars and be sent to jail. Cooking in prison is not what I want to do.
How do you think this season ranks with past seasons?
By far the best season ever.
Don't you have to say that?
No, no, if you had asked me that last season I would have said worst season ever. The four finalists this year would have won any other season before. Jen, Kevin, Michael, Bryan, any of them would have won last season, possibly the season before. Last season's winner probably would be sixth in this group.
Why was this season so much better?
They managed to find some really talented chefs. I think also because the show has become accepted by our industry, more chefs are comfortable coming out and doing it.
Between the finalists, whose food would you most like to eat?
Interesting question. They're all very good. I find when I go out to eat I like simple stuff ... I think Kevin's food.
Is it very hard to work with Padma? She's so unattractive to look at.
It's tough. I think Gail's also very attractive, you know it's not a bad place to be, between the two. Padma's great. I saw her 2 nights ago, she looks great pregnant. I'm going to her shower this weekend.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
Would you do the show?
I would never do it now but when I was 26 or 27, sure. But it is hard. I don't think people realize that from watching the show. We shoot the entire season in about a month. The contestants are there for 5 weeks. It takes 2 days to shoot an episode so they go from Quick Fire to Elimination Fire to Quick Fire straight through. There's only a slight break in the middle for two days where we shoot all the commercials and interviews but other than that they are constantly under the gun. It's brutal. They're filming 16 hours a day. They're not allowed access to the outside world.
How many more seasons do you have in you?
I'm signed on for another 2 or 3, I'm not sure. I enjoy doing it. It doesn't take a lot of my time. It takes a month. A lot of people think that's all I do. I'm also involved in the creative side; I'm a producer so I work with production on the challenges. It's become part of what I do and I like it.
How often do you shave your head?
Usually every third day. I don't shave all the way down.
PopEater also got the chance to chat briefly with John Legend, who performed at the event:
Do you watch 'Top Chef'?
I do. I don't watch it as much as my girlfriend. She's seen every episode for the last several years. I've probably watched 30 to 40% of it. I like it. It's good. I like to cook.
What do you like to cook?
Soul food. I like fried chicken, Mac and cheese, cornbread.
You're working on an album with the Roots. Do you have to do a duet with Jimmy Fallon?
No, there is no arrangement like that! The subject matter is all songs from the 60's and 70's, songs about civil rights, social empowerment and social justice. We want it to sound like a blaxploitation movie.
By the way you have very straight teeth. Did you have braces as a kid?
No, I had them recently. I had Invisalign.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michael B. Jordan Talks Fantastic Four Reboot, Says He Wants to Direct
- CeeLo Green's TBS Show The Good Life Canceled After Controversial Rape Tweets
- Real Housewives of Atlanta New Cast: See All of the Women of Season 7 in First Photos
- Missing Mom: Amber Portwood Says She ‘Missed Out On So Much' Of Daughter Leah's Life In Prison ? Making Up For Lost Time
- Kim Kardashian Wears Chainmail While Kanye West Smiles At GQ Men Of The Year Awards
- Angelina Jolie Honors Late Mother At Her Nuptials To Brad Pitt
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- Kate Hudson Slams Eating Disorder Rumors, Says "I Want Girls to Love Themselves"
- Roxy Sowlaty Attempts to Burn Shoes From Her Ex-Boyfriend—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Deleted Scene!
- Jill Duggar Reveals Her Pregnancy Cravings, Says "All Day" Morning Sickness Is ''Well Worth It''