'Sex and the City 2' Poster: Tastefully Touched Up or Painfully Photoshopped?
By Mike Hess Posted Dec 11th 2009 04:09PM
While the people behind 'Sex and the City 2' are telling people to just "Carrie On," there are lots of people lingering and questioning just how much digital sassiness went into the new 'SATC 2' movie poster. The poster, which features an "ethereal-looking" Sarah Jessica Parker, has the actress dead-center and sporting a flowy white dress and golden accessories (shades, purse, shoes). It's glamorous and very 'SATC,' but various media outlets have issues with the fact that both Sarah -- and her bust line -- don't seem too true to life.
'Sex'-y SJP Snapshots
You know you want some 'SATC 2' ... so who are we to deny you? Here, Carrie and the crew are seen singing it up during a 'Sex and the City 2' scene. Click for More SJP Photos >>>
Jezebel.com even classified the poster as something for their 'Photoshop of Horrors' category, saying: "Maybe, since the plot involves the ladies going to Dubai, it's supposed to look like a mirage?" Another blog, Videogum.com, wasn't so delicate, asking in jest: "Am I really supposed to believe that Carrie Bradshaw is a runway model or something? Sarah Jessica Parker is 73 years old!"
Parker is actually 44, and was just 33 when the body-flaunting, sex-heavy 'City' premiered in 1998. She's not the oldest one of the 'Sex,' group, though. Kim Cattrall, who plays the hypersexual Samantha, is 53.
PopEater photo editor Maggie Coughlan says that it's not so much the fact that digital touching up was done, but where it was done. "Aside from the enhancement in her chest area, the smoothing of SJP's skin is also very obvious. They've taken off years from her body by simply retouching the image," Coughlan says.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Patrick Stewart Snorts Coke in First Trailer for Starz's 'Blunt Talk' (Video)
- ADL Slams Lena Dunham for "Dog or Jewish Boyfriend" New Yorker Quiz
- NBC Orders Ellen DeGeneres-Produced Docuseries 'First Dates'
- 'Home' Review: 5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Transformation for 'Southpaw' Is Crazy (VIDEO)
- 9 Reasons Why the 'X-Files' Revival Matters