DiCaprio's Run In With Penelope Cruz
By Bryan Alexander Posted Dec 12th 2009 07:42AM
Leonardo DiCaprio, who almost missed out on meeting his friends Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem at Hollywood's famed Kate Mantilini's on Thursday. "Leo was all hat and shoulders in a booth on a business lunch, and Penelope almost walked right past his table," says a star-struck fellow diner. "Leo just happened to look up and see the couple pass. He bolted up to say hello just before they walked right past his table."
The stealth DiCaprio didn't see the couple, who were doing their best to be low-key at the other end of the restaurant, until the end of their respective lunches. Hugs followed as Cruz and DiCaprio had a proper greeting. DiCaprio warmly said hello to Cruz's casually-dressed beau Bardem.
"Leo introduced both to everyone at his table," says the diner. "It was a happy scene."
Ironically, the meeting came as world leaders met in Denmark to discuss global environmental issues. The eco-active Cruz and DiCaprio have co-hosted the Global Green pre-Oscar parties in the past. DiCaprio wasn't so lucky timing-wise with another Hollywood pal -- his 'Blood Diamond' co-star Djimon Hounsou had left the restaurant moments before DiCaprio arrived.
Leonardo DiCaprio Snapshots
Actor Leonardo DiCaprio watches the Los Angeles Lakers play the Miami Heat during the second half of their NBA basketball game, Friday, Dec. 4, 2009, in Los Angeles. The Lakers won 108-107. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home
- 'Penny Dreadful' Creator Talks Vanessa's Major Finale Decision and Character Departures
- 'True Detective' Episode 3: Where Men Are Men
- The 'Frozen' Effect: "Elsa" Re-enters List of 500 Most Popular Baby Names After 97 Years
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril