Lohan Tweets: I Saved 40 Children
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 12th 2009 08:15AM
Lindsay Lohan was heading to India to film a BBC documentary about child trafficking, she twittered, "Count your blessings.... Please try and do something to make a difference for others." According to UK's Daily Mail, the 'Mean Girls' star even claimed she saved 40 Indian children in just one day.
Whether she's doing it out of the the kindness and charity in her heart (which we think is true) or simply as a PR stunt to tweak her "party girl" image (what others think), one thing is for sure: Lohan is out to make a difference.
And in another twitter message she wrote, "Focusing on celebrities and lies is so disconcerting when we can be changing the world one child at a time.... hope everyone can see that," Lohan added.
The star also added that the trip was the 'most amazing time of my life' and mentioned the work of Bachpan Bachao Andolan (Save the Childhood Movement), a charity which works against child trafficking. Among the places she has been, Lindsay visited the SANLAAP (women and children's charity) home in Kolkata and will also be visiting local hospitals to give toys to sick children.
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
Actress Lindsay Lohan enters John F. Kennedy International Airport on December 01, 2009 in New York City. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Gong Li Cries Foul Over Judging Process for Taiwan's Golden Horse Awards
- Kevin Bacon to Star in Greg McLean's Survival Thriller 'Jungle'
- Seth Rogen Invites Fans to Smoke Weed With Him at 'Interview' Screening
- 'Game of Thrones' Unveils Mysterious Season 5 Teaser and Site
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the New Workplace Comedy
- Candace Cameron Bure Loves These Five Family-Friendly Holiday Films