'30 Rock' Sidekick 'Grizz' Chapman Needs a Kidney Transplant
He tells 'Oz' (via New York Daily News) that he's on the waiting list for a kidney, but his size is holding him back. He also reveals that he ignored his high blood pressure for years, refusing to take medication -- and now he has just 5% of his normal kidney function.
With his massive frame -- 6'11" and 378 pounds -- Chapman must drop at least 75 pounds before being considered for the surgery.
Chapman tells the Daily News that "a lot of this stuff is new to me. Opening up is something I have to learn how to do if I'm going to be in this business." Discussing his episode of 'Oz,' which airs Tuesday, Chapman says "at first I didn't want to do it, but I felt that it would be a good situation for me to enlighten people to what's going on."
The actor hooked up with the famous doctor at a kidney benefit last October, and that Oz promised to help Chapman -- as long as he used his disease for good by showing the risks to others.
Oz calls hypertension "a painful problem for physicians to see because it's preventable ... There are more than 25,000 cases of kidney failure in America each year because of high blood pressure, and the African-American community is especially at risk"
To make good on his promise, Oz has assigned a group of medical experts to help Chapman drop the weight and stay healthy.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Courtney Stodden Dyes Hair, Goes Brunette: "I Feel Born Again"
- Beyonce Explains Surprise "Visual Album": "I See Music, It's More Than Just What I Hear"
- Paul Walker's Family Attends Screening of His Final Film
- Angelina Jolie Could Be Called To The Stand In Stunt Double’s Phone Hacking Lawsuit Against Rupert Murdoch
- Psychologist Admits Flub In Case Of ‘Spoiled Brat’ Texas Teen, As Unrest Grows Over Slap-On-The-Wrist Sentence In 4 DWI Killings
- Surprise! Beyonce Releases ‘Visual’ New Album On iTunes
- 'American Hustle' review: Actors take 70s stereotypes and run with them in entertaining sting flick
- Plastic surgeon dad goes to work on daughters' breasts, faces
- 'Desolation of Smaug' review: Vast improvement over first 'Hobbit,' but cliffhanger could rile