'30 Rock' Sidekick 'Grizz' Chapman Needs a Kidney Transplant
He tells 'Oz' (via New York Daily News) that he's on the waiting list for a kidney, but his size is holding him back. He also reveals that he ignored his high blood pressure for years, refusing to take medication -- and now he has just 5% of his normal kidney function.
With his massive frame -- 6'11" and 378 pounds -- Chapman must drop at least 75 pounds before being considered for the surgery.
Chapman tells the Daily News that "a lot of this stuff is new to me. Opening up is something I have to learn how to do if I'm going to be in this business." Discussing his episode of 'Oz,' which airs Tuesday, Chapman says "at first I didn't want to do it, but I felt that it would be a good situation for me to enlighten people to what's going on."
The actor hooked up with the famous doctor at a kidney benefit last October, and that Oz promised to help Chapman -- as long as he used his disease for good by showing the risks to others.
Oz calls hypertension "a painful problem for physicians to see because it's preventable ... There are more than 25,000 cases of kidney failure in America each year because of high blood pressure, and the African-American community is especially at risk"
To make good on his promise, Oz has assigned a group of medical experts to help Chapman drop the weight and stay healthy.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Addresses Candis Cayne Dating Rumors
- Bachelor in Paradise Season 2 Premiere Recap: Ashley I. Falls Hard for Jared
- Cosby Show Producer: Bill Cosby Rape Allegations "Kind of Tarnished" the Show's Legacy
- 'Mission: Impossible' climbs to No. 1, 'Vacation' is a bust
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- True Detective Finally Gets Busy, Bloody, and Downright Nuts As Someone Actually Dies
- Dave Annable's Wife Odette Celebrates Second Baby Shower in One Week: "I Feel So Blessed"
- Bachelor in Paradise is Back and Full of Tears: Who's Falling For Who After One Episode?