Jennifer Garner's Alleged Stalker Arrested Near Violet's Nursery School
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 15th 2009 06:53AM
A man long accused of stalking 'Alias' star Jennifer Garner was arrested Monday for violating a restraining order after he was found creeping around the Santa Monica nursery school attended by the star's daughter, Violet Affleck.
Steven Burky was picked up around 9 a.m. after officers observed him loitering in an alley near the school, RadarOnline.com is reporting.
Garner was granted a restraining order against Burky in 2008 after she convinced a judge that he was endangering her family, which also includes husband Ben Affleck. In a declaration, Garner said the man had been stalking and harassing me" since 2002 and typically sent "packages and letters containing delusional and paranoid thoughts."
She claimed Burky was "following me around the country" and that "his obsessive and harassing behavior has escalated to the point of becoming dangerous and threatening."
Other bizarre rantings described by Garner include: "He has now shown up at my private residence and has repeatedly expressed his belief that God has sent him a vision of me being persecuted in some manner that might result in my death."
The Santa Monica Daily Press is reporting that Burky writes a blog titled Satanic Pani and asks, "Are multitudes of adults resorting to human sacrifices and then repressing this information from fear of Christ."
Burky was being held on $150,000 bail.
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Garner
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Garner Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Juan Pablo could be the most detested bachelor in history of show
- Box Office: '300: Rise of an Empire' Slays Competition With $45.1 Million Debut
- Shanghai Media Group Says Disney Deal Will Boost Its Quality Content Options
- SXSW: 'Neighbors' Premiere Gives Way to Raunchy Q&A
- ?Cosmos' then and now: The ?personal voyage' of Carl Sagan, the Hollywood cool of Neil deGrasse Tyson
MoviefoneFEEDMore News at Inside Movies Li