Timberlake's Joke Steals the Show at Globes Noms
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 15th 2009 11:21AM
Justin Timberlake to read, as he was a breath of fresh air during the 2010 Golden Globes nominations show. With one simple sentence referring to John Krasinski's likely impending night of celebratory nookie thanks to his fiance's nomination, Timberlake once again proved he's the coolest dude in the room.
As Timberlake was presenting the nominees for Best Actress in a Drama, the first nominee was Emily Blunt for her role in 'The Young Victoria.' As chance would have it, Krasinski -- Blunt's fiance -- had just presented and was standing off-stage, causing Timberlake to go off-script a bit. "Ho ho ho," Timberlake joked, adding: "Somebody's gonna have a good night tonight."
As the room erupted in laughter, the bespectacled Timberlake feigned an apology, saying "Sorry" with a big smile.
Even his next words, in which he announced Sandra Bullock scored a nomination for 'The Blind Side,' was funny for no real reason at all. As the room chuckled, Timberlake thanked them.
Timberlake's lively spirit seems to have also influenced the nominees this year, as action flicks like 'Inglorious Basterds' and 'Avatar' got best picture and best director nods. Want more Globes? Check Out Moviefone.com's Globes Coverage for All the News
Justin Timberlake Pics
Justin Timberlake and his pal John Mayer are seen here hanging out in New York City on Dec. 8. Click for More JT Pics >>>
Getty Images for VEVO
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Justin Timberlake
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Timberlake Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harry Hamlin almost divorced Lisa Rinna when she joined 'Real Housewives'
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: Penny's in love...with Sheldon?
- Pearl dress worn by Lupita Nyong'o at Oscars reported stolen
- Extra Scoop: Who Would Steal Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress?
- Robin Williams' Daughter's First Interview Since Her Father's Death
- Courteney Cox and Johnny McDaid Put Breakup Rumors to Rest
- Tumblr Dress Debate: Is This Dress White and Gold or Blue and Black? Every Celeb ? and Person ? On the Internet Is Freaking Out
- Kim Kardashian, Rita Ora Attend Same Party in Nearly Identical Pink Latex Dresses -- See the Pics!
- Amanda Peet Has Gotten "Hate Mail" Over Her Pro-Vaccination Beliefs