Timberlake's Joke Steals the Show at Globes Noms
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 15th 2009 11:21AM
Justin Timberlake to read, as he was a breath of fresh air during the 2010 Golden Globes nominations show. With one simple sentence referring to John Krasinski's likely impending night of celebratory nookie thanks to his fiance's nomination, Timberlake once again proved he's the coolest dude in the room.
As Timberlake was presenting the nominees for Best Actress in a Drama, the first nominee was Emily Blunt for her role in 'The Young Victoria.' As chance would have it, Krasinski -- Blunt's fiance -- had just presented and was standing off-stage, causing Timberlake to go off-script a bit. "Ho ho ho," Timberlake joked, adding: "Somebody's gonna have a good night tonight."
As the room erupted in laughter, the bespectacled Timberlake feigned an apology, saying "Sorry" with a big smile.
Even his next words, in which he announced Sandra Bullock scored a nomination for 'The Blind Side,' was funny for no real reason at all. As the room chuckled, Timberlake thanked them.
Timberlake's lively spirit seems to have also influenced the nominees this year, as action flicks like 'Inglorious Basterds' and 'Avatar' got best picture and best director nods. Want more Globes? Check Out Moviefone.com's Globes Coverage for All the News
Justin Timberlake Pics
Justin Timberlake and his pal John Mayer are seen here hanging out in New York City on Dec. 8. Click for More JT Pics >>>
Getty Images for VEVO
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Justin Timberlake
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Timberlake Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"