Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal Split?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 15th 2009 04:58PM
Jake Gyllenhaal was planning to propose to Reese Witherspoon (which we previously reported), PopEater's Rob Shuter has learned exclusively that the couple have split. A source close to the couple says that the Hollywood duo had reached that ever-trying breaking point in their relationship, leading to their break-up.
"The relationship was at the point where they either got engaged or broke up," a friend of Jake's tells me. "There is no doubt that they love each other very much, but Reese wasn't ready to say 'I do.' And if she wasn't ready after two years of dating, Jake wondered if she ever would be."
Both are said to be devastated by the split, and although friends hope for them to get back together, most agree it's very doubtful.
Reps have not returned calls for comment as of yet.
Reese Witherspoon Photos
Reese Witherspoon is seen here looking super sporty in black shades as she strolls the streets of Los Angeles. Click for More Reese Pics >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record
- Roseanne thinks Bill Cosby is guilty but still 'not the end' of his career
- Larry Wilmore's Buzziest 'Nightly Show' Moments: Week 2 (Video)
- #SundaySongs: Behati Prinsloo's Super Bowl Playlist
- 'SNL': J.K. Simmons Mocks His 'Whiplash' Character
- Weekend Box Office: 'American Sniper' Breaks Super Bowl Record
- The Avengers Face Ultron in This New 'Age of Ultron' TV Spot
- Check Out This Terrifying New Dinosaur From 'Jurassic World'