Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal Split?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 15th 2009 04:58PM
Jake Gyllenhaal was planning to propose to Reese Witherspoon (which we previously reported), PopEater's Rob Shuter has learned exclusively that the couple have split. A source close to the couple says that the Hollywood duo had reached that ever-trying breaking point in their relationship, leading to their break-up.
"The relationship was at the point where they either got engaged or broke up," a friend of Jake's tells me. "There is no doubt that they love each other very much, but Reese wasn't ready to say 'I do.' And if she wasn't ready after two years of dating, Jake wondered if she ever would be."
Both are said to be devastated by the split, and although friends hope for them to get back together, most agree it's very doubtful.
Reps have not returned calls for comment as of yet.
Reese Witherspoon Photos
Reese Witherspoon is seen here looking super sporty in black shades as she strolls the streets of Los Angeles. Click for More Reese Pics >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- New Trailers Released for 'Shadows of Mordor' Videogame (Video)
- 'Homeland' Adds Trio to Season 4 (Exclusive)
- Allison Williams Joins Instagram
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- This 'How to Get Away With Murder' First Look Is Getting Us Excited for ABC's Thursday Night Lineup (VIDEO)
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Made Quite the Ratings Splash
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' 'Get on Up,' 'The Killing,' & More (VIDEO)