Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal Split?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 15th 2009 04:58PM
Jake Gyllenhaal was planning to propose to Reese Witherspoon (which we previously reported), PopEater's Rob Shuter has learned exclusively that the couple have split. A source close to the couple says that the Hollywood duo had reached that ever-trying breaking point in their relationship, leading to their break-up.
"The relationship was at the point where they either got engaged or broke up," a friend of Jake's tells me. "There is no doubt that they love each other very much, but Reese wasn't ready to say 'I do.' And if she wasn't ready after two years of dating, Jake wondered if she ever would be."
Both are said to be devastated by the split, and although friends hope for them to get back together, most agree it's very doubtful.
Reps have not returned calls for comment as of yet.
Reese Witherspoon Photos
Reese Witherspoon is seen here looking super sporty in black shades as she strolls the streets of Los Angeles. Click for More Reese Pics >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- It's Official: Melissa McCarthy Staying at CAA
- John Stamos "Heartbroken" That Olsen Twins Won't Be Returning for 'Fuller House'
- The Sex Shop Behind Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" Outfits Is Getting a Lot of Calls From Men
- 'Fantastic Four' Star Michael B. Jordan Responds to Critics of Black Johnny Storm
- See Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult on 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Set
- Good News: 'Game of Thrones' to Feature Non-Traumatizing Sex This Week