Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal Split?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 15th 2009 04:58PM
Jake Gyllenhaal was planning to propose to Reese Witherspoon (which we previously reported), PopEater's Rob Shuter has learned exclusively that the couple have split. A source close to the couple says that the Hollywood duo had reached that ever-trying breaking point in their relationship, leading to their break-up.
"The relationship was at the point where they either got engaged or broke up," a friend of Jake's tells me. "There is no doubt that they love each other very much, but Reese wasn't ready to say 'I do.' And if she wasn't ready after two years of dating, Jake wondered if she ever would be."
Both are said to be devastated by the split, and although friends hope for them to get back together, most agree it's very doubtful.
Reps have not returned calls for comment as of yet.
Reese Witherspoon Photos
Reese Witherspoon is seen here looking super sporty in black shades as she strolls the streets of Los Angeles. Click for More Reese Pics >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Whitney Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, found unresponsive in tub
- Celebs and sports stars converge for pre-Super Bowl party
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Stephen Fry urges UK to pardon gay men
- Super Bowl: 'Key & Peele' Mocks "Backwards" 'Selma' Snubs (Video)
- Samuel Goldwyn: Remembering the Movie Mogul on the Anniversary of His Death
- Box Office: 'American Sniper' Targets Super Bowl Record, Heads for $250M
- The Avengers Face Ultron in This New 'Age of Ultron' TV Spot
- Check Out This Terrifying New Dinosaur From 'Jurassic World'
- Tatiana Maslany Nabs Lead Role in 'Star Wars' Spinoff: Rumor Alert!