Sarah Jessica Parker Says Surgery Led to 'Molegate'
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 16th 2009 02:00PM
Sarah Jessica Parker appeared on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' and the topic got around to her trademark mole, which she had removed.
"I had a mole removed, which is far more invasive than hip replacement surgery, I assure you ... and far more disruptive to your life," she began.
"I just didn't care for it," she said of her decision. "I thought, you know I have about six free days where I can be bloody and stabbed and no one would care and honestly I didn't think a thing about it and then apparently it turned into molegate," she continued. Watch
"A woman came up to me on the beach, really upset, and she said, 'I'm so sorry, I don't know why you did that, that was your signature.' And I said ... well in my head I was like, 'My mole was my signature? Isn't my brain my signature?" Parker explained.
"Exactly, aren't you your signature?" Dave responded.
"Then for about the next 15 minutes I couldn't even hear anything anyone was saying to me because all I think, 'well, I made a terrible mistake ... can you put it back on?'" she added.
Sarah Jessica Parker
Sarah Jessica Parker sighting at "The Late Show with David Letterman" on December 15, 2009 in New York City. Celebrity Sightings In New York - December 15, 2009 New York, NY United States December 15, 2009 Photo by Pablo Tomatis/BuzzFoto/FilmMagic.com To license this image (59157901), contact FilmMagic.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Bachelorette' contestant in critical condition after parachute accident, report says
- 7 worst Nickelodeon scandals
- Stars' sneaky skin-showing tricks
- 'Fading Gigolo' Director John Turturro Touts 'Positive Sides' of Prostitution
- Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'Most Beautiful'
- Japanese Citizen Groups Call for Head of Public Broadcaster NHK to Resign
- Hot Docs 2014: 'The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz' Review
- David Foster Wallace's Family Doesn't Support the Jason Segel-Starring Biopic 'End of the Tour'
- George Lucas 'Is a Consultant' on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' Says Disney Chief