All Signs Point to Divorce for Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 16th 2009 08:25PM
First Elin Nordegren was spotted on the town unfettered by a wedding band. Then movers were seen backing into Tiger Woods' Windermere, FL home. Now rumors abound that Elin is leaving Tiger. Sources say the divorce is all but official. And Elin already has a meeting planned with a famed California divorce lawyer. Can't say we didn't see this coming.
Tiger Woods Divorce – All signs point to an impending and very official end to Elin Nordegren and Tiger Woods' 5 year marriage. Should we ever have assumed this saga could end any other way? OK, the scandal isn't quite over until Tiger wins his next Masters or else sails away on his yacht never to be seen again. But this development (once it's made official as is reported to happen just after the new year) is one little loose end all tied up.
Elin Leaving Tiger – There are no Tigers in Sweden. The species is historically confined to Southeast Asia (Bengal Tiger), Siberia (Siberian Tiger), Las Vegas (Magic Tiger, Cheating Tiger) and various golf courses and gated communities throughout the globe (Cheating Tiger). "Elin is going to Sweden soon," a source told PEOPLE today, claiming she'd be taking the two kids along for the ride. "Two stewardesses and one pilot are in Sweden with the plane now getting it ready to come pick them up." It's unclear if the anonymous source is the same person who initially broke the divorce news to PEOPLE on Tuesday.
Theresa Rogers – Was mistress No. 14 the last straw? We'll never know, at least not until Elin Nordegren writes her book. And if we were Elin, we'd probably be too humiliated (and too rich) to ever publish everything we knew about our hubby's infidelity. You'll have to be satisfied with knowing that Rogers, Tiger's oldest and longest-lasting side dish, was, if not the last straw, certainly one of very many. And as they say, very many straws break the camel's back. Or something like that.
Sorrell Trope – London's Mirror claims Tiger owns a fortune worth £337.5 million. That's roughly 550 million US Dollars. The British rag also claims Elin Nordegren intends to hire famed celebrity divorce lawyer Sorrell Trope to pry that fortune away from her cheating husband. Why Trope? For one, the 82-year-old courtroom vet works out of California, where a "no-fault divorce" law splits a union's possessions right down the middle. It doesn't hurt that Trope has represented splitting A-listers like Cary Grant, Nicole Kidman, Nicolas Cage and Britney Spears.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Scandal
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole Kidman's Grace of Monaco Lifetime Movie Sure Was Pretty (But Not Very Good)
- Love and Hip Hop Wedding: Inside Yandy Smith and Mendeecees Harris' Live Ceremony
- Teen Mom OG Finale Recap: Farrah Abraham, Maci Bookout Push for Engagements, Come Up Ring-less
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- The Bachelorette Tries Boxing, Does Comedy, Reminds Us That Amy Schumer Is Our Queen
- Kanye West's Anniversary Tweet to Kim Kardashian Is 1 Day Late, But Still Pretty Great—See for Yourself!
- Lena Dunham Shows Off Her Figure in Nothing But Lingerie: "I Think I Will Wear It to Dinner"