With Ellen In at 'Idol,' Paula's Feeling Out
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 16th 2009 07:00AM
Paula Abdul quit 'American Idol?" a few months ago, it seems that Abdul herself is now pondering the same question. Word is, she's bummed out and her replacement (Ellen DeGeneres) is absolutely the talk of the 'Idol' set. That, plus a movie fit for a Queen (seriously) and Angelina Jolie's journalistic dreams take a hit.
Ellen's Joy Is Paula's Pain
Ellen DeGeneres is telling friends that she can't wait for the new season of 'American Idol' to begin in January. "She is a breath of fresh air that is so easy to work with," a friend tells me. "Everyone in front of the cameras and behind all adore her, particularly 'Mr. Mean,' Simon Cowell, who Ellen has already challanged to a dance-off!" My money's on Ellen!
Meanwhile, as life couldn't be better for DeGeneres, Paula Abdul finally realizes what a mistake it was to quit the show.
"Paula was full of optimism when she left 'Idol.' She was confident she would get her own talk show and even a gig performing live on the Las Vegas strip -- none of which has materialized. It's going to get worse in January when 'Idol' is everywhere with Ellen sitting in her seat," a worried friend of Paula's tell me.
Did no one ever tell her you don't leave a job until you get another! Especially in a recession. Tsk, tsk, Paula!
Queen Elizabeth's Tardy for the Party
Everyone's favorite Duchess-turned-producer, Sarah Ferguson. is doing everything in her power to make sure her new film, 'Young Victoria,' gets as much attention as possible. That includes inviting her mother-in-law, Queen Elizabeth 2 to the red carpet premiere.
"Fergie is no fool. She knows if Queen Elizabeth turns up on the red carpet everyone will want to see the darling movie," a friend of Fergie's tells me. And while the Palace has not yet responded to the invite, something tells me the Duchess better send a DVD!
Newsweek Edits Angie
Sources tell me that the Angelina Jolie isn't happy that the editors of Newsweek had the nerve to edit her article that ran last week. "Angie slaved over that story. Carefully selecting every word. She didn't expect Newsweek to tell her she selected a few too many!" laughed a source. Angelina, who penned the article in which she criticized President Obama and argued for action in Darfur, was said to be shocked by the weeklies edit to what one insider called a "rambling story!"
To boot, Newsweek spokesman Frank De Maria tells me: "Actually we didn't edit it much at all."
Ouch! Don't worry, Angie doll -- my editor (shout out to Mike Hess) butchers me too. Wink, wink!
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- American Idol -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pratt, Jimmy Fallon Sing Terrible (Yet Adorable!) Karaoke: Watch!
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Baptize Daughter North in Jerusalem: Photo
- Bruce Jenner Interview: Kim Kardashian, Robert Kardashian Send Sweet Messages to "Role Model"
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Bruce Jenner reveals that he is a Republican
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Says Avengers: Age of Ultron Cast Is Like ''Family,'' But Did He Endure ''Initiation Tests''?
- Transgender Representation in the Media: Why Shifting the Paradigm Matters—And How It Brings ''Hope''
- Elsa Hosk the New Victoria's Secret Angel? Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Kate Upton and 8 More Models We Want to See With Wings!