David Beckham Fears Singalongs With Tom and Katie
By Bryan Alexander Posted Dec 17th 2009 10:48AM
David Beckham is used to playing soccer in front of thousands of cheering fans without one trace of performance anxiety, but game night with his celebrity friends? That's a different story. The soccer stud admits he hates it when his pals Eva Longoria Parker and Tony Parker insist on playing after-dinner party games at their famous Hollywood dinner parties -- which often include singing shenanigans with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Video Out After the Jump!
"Eva's got this whole thing and Tony about playing games ... I get so uncomfortable with crowd participation," he admitted to George Lopez on 'Lopez Tonight.'
One particular traumatic night came to mind. That would be the night of the Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes dinner party.
"We were at dinner once with Tom and Katie," Beckham said of an outing with wife Victoria. " We sat there and everyone was like, 'Let's play a music game -- let's start a singing game."
Forget that his wife was a member of the Spice Girls or that Tom Cruise hasn't sung a decent song since 'You've Lost that Loving Feeling' in 'Top Gun.' Beckham still hated it.
"That's my worst nightmare ... I kind of get uncomfortable with it."
Call in a substitution!
Either way, Beckham told Lopez that he'll be back playing for the LA Galaxy in 2010, so clearly he's got to stay in shape ... and work on his singing.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Sigourney Weaver arrives at the premiere of "Avatar," in Hollywood.
Robyn Beck, AFP / Getty Images
Robyn Beck, AFP / Getty Images
MORE ABOUT David Beckham
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about David Beckham Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jen Aniston, Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens and a Host of Other A-List Stars Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on Chelsea Lately Finale Show
- Pamela Anderson Calls off Divorce from Husband Rick Salomon, Couple Still Married
- Chris Soules Is the Next Bachelor, Arie Luyendyk Jr. Reacts; Meet Julianna Margulies Hot Husband: Top 5 Stories
- Liv Tyler Tries Her Best To Hide Her Midsection While On Yacht ? What Could It Be??
- Teresa Giudice Regrets Hearing Rumor That Rino Aprea Cheated On His Wife With Her Mother
- Making It Work! Pamela Anderson Petitions To Call Off Divorce From Rick Salomon ? ?He's The Best Thing For Her,' Says Pal
- Justin Bieber goes country, covers Johnny Cash
- 'Full House' cast and producers mulling a revival, report says
- Matt Damon uses toilet water in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Chelsea Handler Gives a Heartfelt Goodbye During the Chelsea Lately Series Finale—See the Emotional Clip!
- Jennifer Aniston, Gwen Stefani, Selena Gomez and Many More Celebs Sing Goodbye to Chelsea Lately—Watch the Clip!
- Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston and Mary McCormack Host Intervention for Chelsea Handler—See the Chelsea Lately Clip!