Robert Downey Jr. Isn't Welcome in Japan
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 17th 2009 02:41PM
Robert Downey Jr.'s days of drugs and frequent arrests are behind him, it turns out Japan isn't too forgiving of those old felony convictions, Huffington Post reports.
Downey told David Letterman about his troubles at a Japanese airport last year, where he was detained and interrogated while promoting 'Iron Man.' "I think it has something to do with my fairly distant past," he said. "Not recent stuff like you or Tiger." Watch the video below.
"I probably should have seen there was a sign that said 'No Felons Allowed' in English and Japanese, and I haven't had that expunged yet," he said. "You can actually get things expunged but I've been pretty busy. So I was detained. I was interrogated. It was a blast."
"Haven't you settled up?" Letterman asked him. "Haven't you paid your debts?"
"Clearly I haven't paid my debts to Japan," Downey joked.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- James Gunn Celebrates Non-Commercial Cinema at Tokyo Film Festival
- ABC Expands Orders for 7 Series, Including 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Castle'
- Meg Ryan, 'Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Join High School Comedy 'Fan Girl'
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'
- Sorry, 'Twilight' Fans: Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Acting