Robert Downey Jr. Isn't Welcome in Japan
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 17th 2009 02:41PM
Robert Downey Jr.'s days of drugs and frequent arrests are behind him, it turns out Japan isn't too forgiving of those old felony convictions, Huffington Post reports.
Downey told David Letterman about his troubles at a Japanese airport last year, where he was detained and interrogated while promoting 'Iron Man.' "I think it has something to do with my fairly distant past," he said. "Not recent stuff like you or Tiger." Watch the video below.
"I probably should have seen there was a sign that said 'No Felons Allowed' in English and Japanese, and I haven't had that expunged yet," he said. "You can actually get things expunged but I've been pretty busy. So I was detained. I was interrogated. It was a blast."
"Haven't you settled up?" Letterman asked him. "Haven't you paid your debts?"
"Clearly I haven't paid my debts to Japan," Downey joked.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line win big at American Country Awards
- Demi Lovato couldn't go without cocaine for '30 minutes to an hour'
- 1980s Johnny Cash songs, never before heard, getting posthumous release
- FremantleMedia Names Two Ex-Endemol Execs CEOs for Brazil, Spanish-speaking Americas
- Berlin 2014: European Shooting Stars Announced
- ITV Renews Output Deal With Australia's Seven Network
- ?SYTYCD' stars Allison and tWitch got hitched!
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift wishes
- ?NCIS': How many exes does it take to solve a crime?
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII': Is the Force With Actor Jack O'Connell?
- Tom Hanks Says P.L. Travers Would Absolutely Hate 'Saving Mr. Banks'
- Smaug the Dragon: Five Secrets of 'The Hobbit' Villain