Robert Downey Jr. Isn't Welcome in Japan
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 17th 2009 02:41PM
Robert Downey Jr.'s days of drugs and frequent arrests are behind him, it turns out Japan isn't too forgiving of those old felony convictions, Huffington Post reports.
Downey told David Letterman about his troubles at a Japanese airport last year, where he was detained and interrogated while promoting 'Iron Man.' "I think it has something to do with my fairly distant past," he said. "Not recent stuff like you or Tiger." Watch the video below.
"I probably should have seen there was a sign that said 'No Felons Allowed' in English and Japanese, and I haven't had that expunged yet," he said. "You can actually get things expunged but I've been pretty busy. So I was detained. I was interrogated. It was a blast."
"Haven't you settled up?" Letterman asked him. "Haven't you paid your debts?"
"Clearly I haven't paid my debts to Japan," Downey joked.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Novak takes on Oscar night 'bullies'
- Glen Campbell moved to Alzheimer's facility, report says
- Miley Cyrus postpones more concerts as she remains hospitalized
- PGA to Honor Ted Sarandos, Alfonso Cuaron and Rob Thomas at Digital V.I.P. Awards
- Bryan Singer Accuser Filed Suit Over Sexual Abuse in 2000 But Didn't Name Him (Exclusive)
- 'Midnight Rider' Target of Campaign Urging Crews to Boycott L.A. Production
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- The 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Next Level Crazy (VIDEO)
- Would You Watch a 'House of Cards'-Inspired Reality Show?
- Oscars 2015: Full Academy Awards Season Schedule