Robert Downey Jr. Isn't Welcome in Japan
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 17th 2009 02:41PM
Robert Downey Jr.'s days of drugs and frequent arrests are behind him, it turns out Japan isn't too forgiving of those old felony convictions, Huffington Post reports.
Downey told David Letterman about his troubles at a Japanese airport last year, where he was detained and interrogated while promoting 'Iron Man.' "I think it has something to do with my fairly distant past," he said. "Not recent stuff like you or Tiger." Watch the video below.
"I probably should have seen there was a sign that said 'No Felons Allowed' in English and Japanese, and I haven't had that expunged yet," he said. "You can actually get things expunged but I've been pretty busy. So I was detained. I was interrogated. It was a blast."
"Haven't you settled up?" Letterman asked him. "Haven't you paid your debts?"
"Clearly I haven't paid my debts to Japan," Downey joked.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian's corset selfie raises questions: How dangerous is the practice of corseting?
- Sheri Moon Zombie impressed by horror fans who dress up as her
- Best and worst celebrity Halloween costumes
- 'Bird Box' Claws its Way to the Top of the 2014 Blood List
- AFM: Rob Zombie Moving Forward With Halloween Horror Film '31'
- In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Nightcrawler,' 'Before I Go to Sleep' and More
- Watch Sofia Coppola's Insanely Charming Holiday Gap Ads (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Gordon Ramsay's Pet Pigs and Chris Rock's Top Halloween Costumes (VIDEO)
- 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie