Robert Downey Jr. Isn't Welcome in Japan
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 17th 2009 02:41PM
Robert Downey Jr.'s days of drugs and frequent arrests are behind him, it turns out Japan isn't too forgiving of those old felony convictions, Huffington Post reports.
Downey told David Letterman about his troubles at a Japanese airport last year, where he was detained and interrogated while promoting 'Iron Man.' "I think it has something to do with my fairly distant past," he said. "Not recent stuff like you or Tiger." Watch the video below.
"I probably should have seen there was a sign that said 'No Felons Allowed' in English and Japanese, and I haven't had that expunged yet," he said. "You can actually get things expunged but I've been pretty busy. So I was detained. I was interrogated. It was a blast."
"Haven't you settled up?" Letterman asked him. "Haven't you paid your debts?"
"Clearly I haven't paid my debts to Japan," Downey joked.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer sets record
- Lady Gaga says recording jazz music was easier than pop; singer readies jazz CD with Bennett
- Ariana Grande is 'out of touch' with her father
- Toronto: Kevin Smith's 'Tusk' To Get World Premiere
- Two Russian Films Banned in Ukraine
- German Director Fatih Akin Wins Hamburg Film Festival's Douglas Sirk Award
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)