Robert Downey Jr. Isn't Welcome in Japan
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 17th 2009 02:41PM
Robert Downey Jr.'s days of drugs and frequent arrests are behind him, it turns out Japan isn't too forgiving of those old felony convictions, Huffington Post reports.
Downey told David Letterman about his troubles at a Japanese airport last year, where he was detained and interrogated while promoting 'Iron Man.' "I think it has something to do with my fairly distant past," he said. "Not recent stuff like you or Tiger." Watch the video below.
"I probably should have seen there was a sign that said 'No Felons Allowed' in English and Japanese, and I haven't had that expunged yet," he said. "You can actually get things expunged but I've been pretty busy. So I was detained. I was interrogated. It was a blast."
"Haven't you settled up?" Letterman asked him. "Haven't you paid your debts?"
"Clearly I haven't paid my debts to Japan," Downey joked.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alec Baldwin avoids arrest after scuffle with photographer
- Jennifer Lawrence requests investigation after nude pics leaked online by hacker
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- FBI and Apple Investigating Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Begins Production, Steven Soderbergh Steps Behind the Camera
- Box-Office Crash: What Caused Hollywood's Miserable Summer?
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?