Boyz II Men Want to Get on 'Idol' and Duet With Prince
By Mike Hess Posted Dec 18th 2009 12:03PM
Boyz II Men changed the game when it comes to R&B singing, harmony and the public's tolerance for love songs. Boy banders have nothing on the Philly natives, who are the best selling male group of all time -- and they're back to take the music industry by storm with 'Love,' an album full of covers you might not expect from the pitch-perfect pals. PopEater was lucky enough to chat with Boyz II Men about their new album, how they're dying to get on 'American Idol' and how a duet with Prince would "create a whole lot of children in the world." Check It Out:
PRODUCTION PLAYER! DO NOT DELETE.
On Their New Album 'Love': Most of the songs are from different artists from different genres of music ... Most of the time when you do a record like this, if you're an R&B artist, you'd do all R&B songs or a pop artist, but this record is a collection of many different styles of music ... we tried to be very diverse.
On Wanting to do 'American Idol' After Working With Randy Jackson: "It would be nice ... if you could get on the phone and call and ask him. We've been trying for two years two get on that show, man, so whoever we've got to write to, just let us know.
On Auto-Tune: The overuse of Auto-Tune drives us insane ... Auto-Tune was used as an effect ... it's the overusage, and as with everything, too much of anything is bad. I think Auto-Tune has its place, but not the way people are using it now. I think it's like Auto-Tune abuse.
On Their Dream Duet: We'd like to work with Prince ... On a lot of our albums we have a tendency to have love, sexy songs ... classy, but down and dirty. Classydirty. Is that a word? We believe our vocals with Prince's mindstate ... I think we could come up with something that would create a whole lot of children in the world.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cheryl Burke: This is 'probably' my last season on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Jersey Boys' lyricist Bob Crewe dead at 83
- Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane sentenced in assault for hitting fan with vodka bottle at nightclub
- L.A. Coroner: Lindsay Lohan Was Nowhere Near Whitney Houston's Body
- Katherine Webb & AJ McCarron's Wedding: Exclusive Pics of the Dress, Video and More!
- Extra Scoop: Adrian Peterson Speaks Out, Denies He's a Child Abuser
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Premiere Recap: First Dances Bring Gaffes, Greatness
- Miss Nebraska Megan Swanson Flashes Underwear on Live TV; Angelina Jolie Looks Sporty in Shorts with Brad Pitt: Top 5 Stories
- Khloe Kardashian Jokingly Blames Pregnant Sister Kourtney For Her Weight Gain