Boyz II Men Want to Get on 'Idol' and Duet With Prince
By Mike Hess Posted Dec 18th 2009 12:03PM
Boyz II Men changed the game when it comes to R&B singing, harmony and the public's tolerance for love songs. Boy banders have nothing on the Philly natives, who are the best selling male group of all time -- and they're back to take the music industry by storm with 'Love,' an album full of covers you might not expect from the pitch-perfect pals. PopEater was lucky enough to chat with Boyz II Men about their new album, how they're dying to get on 'American Idol' and how a duet with Prince would "create a whole lot of children in the world." Check It Out:
PRODUCTION PLAYER! DO NOT DELETE.
On Their New Album 'Love': Most of the songs are from different artists from different genres of music ... Most of the time when you do a record like this, if you're an R&B artist, you'd do all R&B songs or a pop artist, but this record is a collection of many different styles of music ... we tried to be very diverse.
On Wanting to do 'American Idol' After Working With Randy Jackson: "It would be nice ... if you could get on the phone and call and ask him. We've been trying for two years two get on that show, man, so whoever we've got to write to, just let us know.
On Auto-Tune: The overuse of Auto-Tune drives us insane ... Auto-Tune was used as an effect ... it's the overusage, and as with everything, too much of anything is bad. I think Auto-Tune has its place, but not the way people are using it now. I think it's like Auto-Tune abuse.
On Their Dream Duet: We'd like to work with Prince ... On a lot of our albums we have a tendency to have love, sexy songs ... classy, but down and dirty. Classydirty. Is that a word? We believe our vocals with Prince's mindstate ... I think we could come up with something that would create a whole lot of children in the world.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Holiday Movie Preview! 10 Films to Definitely Check Out
- ?Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer: 4 Things That Leave Us Wanting More!
- ?Real World' Star Ryan Knight Found Dead at 29
- Lady Gaga Lays in Bed With Taylor Kinney in Late Thanksgiving Video -- Watch Their Pillow Fight!
- Scott Stapp, Creed Frontman, Was Placed on a Psychiatric Hold Before Confessional Video: Report
- Shia LaBeouf Claims He Was Raped During His Performance Art Project #IAMSORRY -- Read His Disturbing Quotes