'Delusional' Man Charged With Stalking Jennifer Garner, Family
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 18th 2009 06:36AM
A man long accused of stalking 'Alias' star Jennifer Garner has been charged with felony stalking and violating a restraining order protecting the star's family. Steven Burky, 37, was arrested on Monday outside a nursery school attended by Violet Affleck, the daughter of Garner and Ben Affleck.
He pleaded not guilty at an arraignment Thursday afternoon and was ordered held on $300,000 bail, District Attorney's spokeswoman Jane Robison said. A judge also ordered him to stay 500 feet away from Garner, Affleck and their family if released.
Burky was charged with two counts of felony stalking and two counts of violating a court order, a misdemeanor.
Garner was granted a restraining order against Burky in 2008 after she convinced a judge that he was endangering her family, which also includes husband Ben Affleck. In a declaration, Garner said the man had been stalking and harassing me" since 2002 and typically sent "packages and letters containing delusional and paranoid thoughts."
She claimed Burky was "following me around the country" and that "his obsessive and harassing behavior has escalated to the point of becoming dangerous and threatening."
Other bizarre rantings described by Garner include: "He has now shown up at my private residence and has repeatedly expressed his belief that God has sent him a vision of me being persecuted in some manner that might result in my death."
The Santa Monica Daily Press is reporting that Burky writes a blog titled Satanic Pani and asks, "Are multitudes of adults resorting to human sacrifices and then repressing this information from fear of Christ."
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Garner
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Garner Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Weird Al Yankovic has his first No. 1 album ever
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- 108 Media Takes Worldwide Sales Rights to Bruneian Action Pic 'Yasmine'
- Haunted House in Beijing Attracts Visitors Following Release of 'The House That Never Dies'
- South Korean Filmmakers Laud Venice Fest Presence, Discuss Lack of Competition Spot
- ?Veronica Mars' takes Fandom of the Year at mtvU's awards show
- Video: ?Harry Potter' meets ?Boyhood' in ?Potterhood' mock trailer
- The 10 Most Important 'Interstellar' Mysteries Revealed at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer: Back To the Hilariously Outrageous Future (VIDEO)
- There's Still Hope For an 'X-Files' Reboot